cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Spatha Battery replacement

djona12
Level 7
Hello,

I've owned the Spatha for almost two years now and aside a few software issues (like the rest of the power users i assume), i'm quite pleased with it.
Unfortunately, for a few month the battery has been dying on me, at first not holding charge and now not charging at all...

Is it possible to order an official battery from the warranty service without sending the mouse back in RMA ?
Sending the mouse would be difficult as it has become one of the main piece of my workspace (bless macros) and getting away from it for too long would really hurt the productivity so i'd like to find a solution that leaves the mouse at my desk

Thanks,

djona12
7 REPLIES 7

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
I know the process is straightforward and easy for you to do yourself. Unfortunately the mouse will still have to go through the RMA process, so that we can make sure both the mouse and battery are working as they should after it is installed.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
I know the process is straightforward and easy for you to do yourself. Unfortunately the mouse will still have to go through the RMA process, so that we can make sure both the mouse and battery are working as they should after it is installed.

Mine is out of warranty, what should I do? The RMA process doesn't have an option for repairs outside warranty. Thank you

Dicehunter
Level 10
My Spatha is also out of Warranty, How do I continue using the wireless functionality if the battery requires charging every 2 hours ? I do not mind buying another battery or even a few for long term use but not having the option to buy a battery is basically telling your customers to not buy your products anymore as you don't support them.

Joshwk22
Level 7
Decided to open the mouse yesterday to see what battery model was in there, and noticed the battery was VERY swollen (not good). This thing is squishy like bubble gum and probably was going to fail any day now. Disposed of it properly, but now my mouse only works with the cable. I found another battery on amazon that has the same voltage and mah. Problem is that it's slightly wider and wouldn't fit in the tray without me cutting away the plastic housing (which I prefer not to do). With that said I haven't found the correct sized battery anywhere else.

Note: I got the mouse in 2017, but I definitely expected it to work more than 2 years. My 5 year old logitech MX master i got for work is 5 years old still holds a good charge.

amazon battery link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BTWK13N/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A132D7PL1YID8X&psc=1

Joshwk22
Level 7
So i ordered that battery from Amazon and it didn't work. Nothing happened at first, but I noticed the polarities were reversed (black and red wire), I changed it and the mouse started to work with the battery, but once the battery drained it wouldn't charge back up again. It seems the little PCB and chips on the battery are different, and thus didn't charge. I called ASUS, and told them my problem. They basically said that since it was out of warranty, they could charge me a "diagnostic fee", then charge me the shipping (to and from), plus another parts and labor fee to get this resolved. All-in-all I'm not going to do this, as the cost and trouble are higher than just buying a new one. With that said I'm switching brands, as I've had nothing but issues with ASUS. I own several of their products, including the ROG Horus Gk2000 RGB keyboard, that had 1 software update since launch and was nearly abandoned from the start. Also the support from ASUS is a pain, they should look at corsair, steel series and others to see how it's done (especially since are "premium" products).

Joshwk22 wrote:
So i ordered that battery from Amazon and it didn't work. Nothing happened at first, but I noticed the polarities were reversed (black and red wire), I changed it and the mouse started to work with the battery, but once the battery drained it wouldn't charge back up again. It seems the little PCB and chips on the battery are different, and thus didn't charge. I called ASUS, and told them my problem. They basically said that since it was out of warranty, they could charge me a "diagnostic fee", then charge me the shipping (to and from), plus another parts and labor fee to get this resolved. All-in-all I'm not going to do this, as the cost and trouble are higher than just buying a new one. With that said I'm switching brands, as I've had nothing but issues with ASUS. I own several of their products, including the ROG Horus Gk2000 RGB keyboard, that had 1 software update since launch and was nearly abandoned from the start. Also the support from ASUS is a pain, they should look at corsair, steel series and others to see how it's done (especially since are "premium" products).

I ended up buying a Logitech MX Master 2s, The latest of the MX Master series of mice, Long story short it's amazing, Battery lasts weeks on a single 3 hour charge, Literally, No firmware issues, No tracking issues, Feels a lot smoother and precise than the Spatha and the customer service rep told me I can get the battery replaced if it ever goes bad.

@Asus you need to step your game up, Releasing a mouse that you cannot replace the battery on and that runs out of charge really quickly, Even with all lights off, Is not acceptable especially considering this is one of the most expensive mice on the market.

As above I was an early Spatha adopter. I know there was a firmware issue that prevented the mouse from sleeping and utterly drained the battery, which was decreasing the battery life, and as above my mouse went from diminished battery life to none.

Is there any news on a replacement battery? I expected a mouse of this price to last a lot longer!
Gotterdammerung: Rampage V Extreme | Intel I7-5930K | 32GB Corsair Dominator 2666 | EVGA GTX 980 SC x3
Kingston HyperX Predator 480GB | Corsair Neutron XT 960GB | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair 900D | EK RVE Monoblock | EK 980 GTX Blocks

GOOSE: STRIX Z390I Gaming | Intel i9-9900KF | 32GB Vengeance RGB 3200 | STRIX Vega 64 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB x2
Corsair SF 750 | Phanteks Evolv Shift X | EK Z390I Monoblock | EK Strix Vega 64 GPU Block