cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS GR8-II Factory sealed from Amazon - missing RAM!

GitSum
Level 7
I am finding this hard to believe...

I ordered a brand new, ASUS GR8-II from Amazon. Box was factory sealed, components were all nicely wrapped and packaged... Booted it up, started installing some Window updates and when it rebooted it crashed (blue screen with the frowny face). The computer never started up after that...

I took the cover of to see if perhaps it was a loose connection or something, and was shocked to see that both memory slots were EMPTY! Not sure how the computer even started?

Unless I am missing something, how does this happen - take a look at the pic
3 REPLIES 3

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi,

Welcome to the forums and sorry to hear the unit isn't working better.

You may want to look at that memory slot again, but that should be only one memory slot in your picture and not two, so the other memory slot (with memory installed) is located on the other side of the motherboard and very difficult to access.

You may just want to return or exchange the unit with your place of purchase if possible unless you prefer to send the unit to ASUS for repair?

Yes, the unit will not boot without memory, so you would not be able to boot to Windows if this was the case.

GitSum
Level 7
I looked into it further and found a video where they remove the motherboard and turn it over - and there they are. Never saw a motherboard with memory on both sides, but my bad

Thanks for your help

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
GitSum wrote:
I looked into it further and found a video where they remove the motherboard and turn it over - and there they are. Never saw a motherboard with memory on both sides, but my bad

Thanks for your help

Glad to hear you were able to locate it and the design it a little unusual, so no problems at all. Thanks!