ROG Junior Member Array

PG27UQ fan always on

I'm a happy owner of the PG27UQ, it lives up to the hype and then some. So the fan noise doesn't bother me, but I noticed not only does the fan continue to run after I power down the monitor, it never stops running!! I came into my computer room the next day, 10+ hours after I shut the monitor down and the fan was still running. Does anyone know if this is normal, the fans continuous operation even when the monitor is not on?

Moderator Array

The fans should turn off after your monitor has cooled down. You may have to send in your monitor to get this fixed.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mta1981 View Post
    I'm a happy owner of the PG27UQ, it lives up to the hype and then some. So the fan noise doesn't bother me, but I noticed not only does the fan continue to run after I power down the monitor, it never stops running!! I came into my computer room the next day, 10+ hours after I shut the monitor down and the fan was still running. Does anyone know if this is normal, the fans continuous operation even when the monitor is not on?
    I seem to be having the same issue where the fan never turns off even with the PC shut down and the monitor is on stand by. I also have noticed over time the fan to be getting increasingly louder. Did you ever get a solution to this, did you eventually RMA it? Hope to hear your experiences as well so I can see if I need to send mine in for RMA.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by cyrax2768 View Post
    I seem to be having the same issue where the fan never turns off even with the PC shut down and the monitor is on stand by. I also have noticed over time the fan to be getting increasingly louder. Did you ever get a solution to this, did you eventually RMA it? Hope to hear your experiences as well so I can see if I need to send mine in for RMA.

Hi - I have only just got mine and have the same loud fan issue - Did anyone have this problem fixed?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Rewerend PC Specs
    Rewerend PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair V Formula - Z
    ProcessorAMD FX-9370
    Memory (part number)2 x KHX23C11T3K2/8X
    Graphics Card #1R9 Fury X 4gb Sapphire
    Sound CardAsus Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSAMSUNG U28E590D 28" uHD + freeSync
    Storage #1Samsung SSD EVO 540 250Gb
    Storage #2Seagate 7200.14 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H105
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos II
    Power SupplyENERMAX ERV1000EWT-G Revolution87+ 1000W Gold
    Keyboard Microsoft SideWinder X6
    Mouse Saitek MAD CATZ R.A.T. 7
    Headset Asus ROG Orion
    Mouse Pad Steel Series PAD
    Headset/Speakers Genius Home Theather SW 5.1
    OS MS Windows 8.1 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-N18U
    Accessory #1 Zalman ZM-MFC3 FAN/TEMP CONTROLLER

Always running fan shloud be stoped after a while (10min guess) if you turn on DP deep sleep... this will stop fan after some time.
    But louder fan or increasing noise of fan could be good to send to RMA.

I build extremely quiet build on Ryzen 3 3200G on sunday to a family and PG27UQ fan was loudest thing in my room :-)

ROG Member Array

OSD > System > Displa Port Deep Sleep > set to on

ROG Member Array

Hi folks. I had fan noise problems on my PA32UCX from the get go. I found a way in the setup to shut the fan off when the monitor was turned off but the fan was still on when the monitor woke from a sleep. The problem was resolved completely when I updated to the latest firmware level. No fan noise at all any more. Maybe you will be as lucky as I was.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Rewerend PC Specs
    Rewerend PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair V Formula - Z
    ProcessorAMD FX-9370
    Memory (part number)2 x KHX23C11T3K2/8X
    Graphics Card #1R9 Fury X 4gb Sapphire
    Sound CardAsus Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSAMSUNG U28E590D 28" uHD + freeSync
    Storage #1Samsung SSD EVO 540 250Gb
    Storage #2Seagate 7200.14 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H105
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos II
    Power SupplyENERMAX ERV1000EWT-G Revolution87+ 1000W Gold
    Keyboard Microsoft SideWinder X6
    Mouse Saitek MAD CATZ R.A.T. 7
    Headset Asus ROG Orion
    Mouse Pad Steel Series PAD
    Headset/Speakers Genius Home Theather SW 5.1
    OS MS Windows 8.1 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-N18U
    Accessory #1 Zalman ZM-MFC3 FAN/TEMP CONTROLLER

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyHi View Post
    Hi folks. I had fan noise problems on my PA32UCX from the get go. I found a way in the setup to shut the fan off when the monitor was turned off but the fan was still on when the monitor woke from a sleep. The problem was resolved completely when I updated to the latest firmware level. No fan noise at all any more. Maybe you will be as lucky as I was.
    Hello where did you find an update? There was some FW for older PN series of PG27UQ, but it´s one and half year old thing and need to be send to RMA update FW.
    I really appreciated a new FW :-))))