ROG Junior Member Array

PG27UQ fan always on

I'm a happy owner of the PG27UQ, it lives up to the hype and then some. So the fan noise doesn't bother me, but I noticed not only does the fan continue to run after I power down the monitor, it never stops running!! I came into my computer room the next day, 10+ hours after I shut the monitor down and the fan was still running. Does anyone know if this is normal, the fans continuous operation even when the monitor is not on?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

The fans should turn off after your monitor has cooled down. You may have to send in your monitor to get this fixed.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mta1981 View Post
    I'm a happy owner of the PG27UQ, it lives up to the hype and then some. So the fan noise doesn't bother me, but I noticed not only does the fan continue to run after I power down the monitor, it never stops running!! I came into my computer room the next day, 10+ hours after I shut the monitor down and the fan was still running. Does anyone know if this is normal, the fans continuous operation even when the monitor is not on?
    I seem to be having the same issue where the fan never turns off even with the PC shut down and the monitor is on stand by. I also have noticed over time the fan to be getting increasingly louder. Did you ever get a solution to this, did you eventually RMA it? Hope to hear your experiences as well so I can see if I need to send mine in for RMA.