cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG27UQ fan always on

Mta1981
Level 7
I'm a happy owner of the PG27UQ, it lives up to the hype and then some. So the fan noise doesn't bother me, but I noticed not only does the fan continue to run after I power down the monitor, it never stops running!! I came into my computer room the next day, 10+ hours after I shut the monitor down and the fan was still running. Does anyone know if this is normal, the fans continuous operation even when the monitor is not on?
8 REPLIES 8

cljustin
Level 8
The fans should turn off after your monitor has cooled down. You may have to send in your monitor to get this fixed.

spamophobia3
Level 9
i, didnt even know it had a fan

cyrax2768
Level 7
Mta1981 wrote:
I'm a happy owner of the PG27UQ, it lives up to the hype and then some. So the fan noise doesn't bother me, but I noticed not only does the fan continue to run after I power down the monitor, it never stops running!! I came into my computer room the next day, 10+ hours after I shut the monitor down and the fan was still running. Does anyone know if this is normal, the fans continuous operation even when the monitor is not on?

I seem to be having the same issue where the fan never turns off even with the PC shut down and the monitor is on stand by. I also have noticed over time the fan to be getting increasingly louder. Did you ever get a solution to this, did you eventually RMA it? Hope to hear your experiences as well so I can see if I need to send mine in for RMA.

cyrax2768 wrote:
I seem to be having the same issue where the fan never turns off even with the PC shut down and the monitor is on stand by. I also have noticed over time the fan to be getting increasingly louder. Did you ever get a solution to this, did you eventually RMA it? Hope to hear your experiences as well so I can see if I need to send mine in for RMA.

Hi - I have only just got mine and have the same loud fan issue - Did anyone have this problem fixed?

Rewerend
Level 9
Always running fan shloud be stoped after a while (10min guess) if you turn on DP deep sleep... this will stop fan after some time.
But louder fan or increasing noise of fan could be good to send to RMA.

I build extremely quiet build on Ryzen 3 3200G on sunday to a family and PG27UQ fan was loudest thing in my room 🙂

Naennon
Level 7
OSD > System > Displa Port Deep Sleep > set to on

BlueSkyHi
Level 8
Hi folks. I had fan noise problems on my PA32UCX from the get go. I found a way in the setup to shut the fan off when the monitor was turned off but the fan was still on when the monitor woke from a sleep. The problem was resolved completely when I updated to the latest firmware level. No fan noise at all any more. Maybe you will be as lucky as I was.

BlueSkyHi wrote:
Hi folks. I had fan noise problems on my PA32UCX from the get go. I found a way in the setup to shut the fan off when the monitor was turned off but the fan was still on when the monitor woke from a sleep. The problem was resolved completely when I updated to the latest firmware level. No fan noise at all any more. Maybe you will be as lucky as I was.

Hello where did you find an update? There was some FW for older PN series of PG27UQ, but it´s one and half year old thing and need to be send to RMA update FW.
I really appreciated a new FW :-))))