ROG Junior Member Array

AI Suite III causing system crashes.

Hi,
    I have an X470 F Gaming board with a 2600X.
    Samsung 960 Evo (boot drive)
    2 Corsair 120GB SSD and a 1TB Mech drive.
    EVGA 1060 and 16GB COrsair Vengence DDr4.

Every time i run AI suite III... after a few minutes i get weird system stops and reboots. Some times the machine just stops. It will continue running but the screen goes black and the board won't power off until i cut power via PSU switch. Other times it just reboots. Dove in to the event logs and i keep seeing these errors shortly before the reboot/system stop. pasted one error below.

"The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection
    and APPID
    Unavailable
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

WHen i just turn off AI Suite III... no issues what so ever. The error is very consistent.
    Anyone have any input on this?

Thanks,

New ROGer Array

Hi

Is there a solution for this ? I have same problem on my new build computer.

MrDTS

New ROGer Array unknown24 PC Specs
    unknown24 PC Specs
    MotherboardX470-F Gaming
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700X
    Graphics Card #1GTX970
    Graphics Card #2GTX970
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseFractal Design R6
    Power SupplyCorsair RM650
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Exact same problem, slightly different hardware:

Mobo: X470-F Gaming (bios 4207)
    - CPU: Ryzen 2700X
    - Disk: Samsung 970 Pro
    - Memory: G.Skill DDR4 Ripjaws-V 2x8GB
    - Windows 10 1803
    Removed AI suite completely, no more crashes for a month now, but I would like to control my fans...

I also have (had) the same issue with my previous system:
    - Mobo: Z97-AR
    - CPU: I7-4790K
    - Disk: Samsung 840 Evo
    - Memory: 2x8GB DDR3
    - Windows 10 1803
    I bought the new system because of regular PC crashes (about daily) and could not find a solution...
    I have the system running as VMWare ESXi host with some Linux servers, no IA suite installed anywhere and it's been up ever since. I feel like my new system is suffering from the same bug as my old system, so I basically threw away some money, as the old system was still doing its job very well...

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Ive made it no secret of my disdain for AI suite, I'll leave it at that.

Do youself a favor and uninstall it, wipe all traces of it with Ccleaner and use the BIOS for OC and fan settings.

New ROGer Array

I have the same system instability problem with my new ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING motherboard. Updated everything: bios, drivers, you name it and still would get system crashes like the OP krisdooman described.

With a lot of troubleshooting I narrowed it down to the fan controls, specifically the fan graph section, both in the AI Suite Fanxpert and Bios Qfan that were causing the problem. To stop the crashes uninstall all Asus software even Aura Sync and reset Bios defaults. Then with a clean start you can reinstall AI Suite, Aura, etc. and things are ok as long as you don't mess with the fan graph section in the software or in Bios Qfan.

I did find a way to get some fan control by navigating to fan settings in Bios and making changes there (NOT the F6 Qfan shortcut). I could set minimum speeds up to 600rpm and select a preset for each of the fans on the system such as quiet, normal, turbo, full without getting any crashes.

My system has been stable for about a month now using AI Suite's system information viewer to monitor temps and the front case fans set to turbo for extra intake. I've overclocked memory to QVL speeds in Bios without issue. Wish I had more fan control but at least my system stopped crashing.

Hope that helps somebody, as I was close to returning hardware until I discovered it was a freakin Asus software problem...

New ROGer Array

ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING motherboard

ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING motherboard

system just locks up here also will have to watch this fan control may uninstall it all and start from scratch

did a TPU II tweak in Bios and also used TPU in AI III 5 step tune have not had a lock up since but its only been about 8 hours now

I may just do a complete new install if it locks up again and leave Ausu software off well aura I need

thanks for the info guys

New ROGer Array

Any further figured out on this subject? Have a new build almost identical to OP running on a X470-F with current BIOS and have been consistently getting the black screen that will not respond until power switch is flipped on PSU. I still have the stock trash AMD cooler on my CPU and initially kind of assumed it was crashing from the light OC and I has reset everything to factory settings aside from XMP ram to boost to 3k and that seemed to help at first but still getting random crashes that are not BDODs or reboots but the black screens still. Will pull some logs to confirm its same issue and looks like I might dump suite 3.

Majority of my fans are case controlled currently anyways so if I can set CPU and case fans in bios with no issues then I'll have to use another fan controller interface, rather disappointing if that's a case but even more annoying to have a new build thats super fast and can't even use it bc of all the crashes!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Veovis PC Specs
    Veovis PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VI Impact
    ProcessorIntel i7 4770K
    Memory (part number)F3-1866C9-8GXM
    Graphics Card #1ROG Mars 760
    Sound CardSupremeFX Impact
    MonitorDell P2415Q
    Storage #1Seagate 600 Series 240GB SATA III MLC Internal SSD ST240HM000
    Storage #22 x Seagate Desktop SSHD ST4000DX001 4TB 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Sideon 120 XL
    CaseCooler Master Elite 130
    Power SupplyCooler Master SilentPRO 620
    Keyboard Razer TRON gaming keyboard
    Mouse Razer TRON gaming mouse
    Headset Monster Inspiration/Creative 3d Rage/Monster BeatsPro
    Mouse Pad Razer TRON gaming mousepad
    Headset/Speakers Sony HT-CT260 Soundbar
    OS Windows 10 pro 64bit
    Network RouterNighthawk 8x
    Accessory #1 Samson GO mic
    Accessory #2 Logitech C9000
    Accessory #3 AVEGANT GLYPH

Ive used AI suite in the past and noticed it "crashes" after a major windows update (1803 to 1809) the trick I do is uninstall the version I have and get the latest version from the latest supported motherboard.

ROG Junior Member Array Darrenuk PC Specs
    Darrenuk PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus X470 PRIME PRO
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)Team Group 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHZ Samsung B-DIE
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1070
    Sound CardBuilt into motherboard
    MonitorBenq 27" GW2760S
    Storage #1Seagate 5tb 2.5"
    Storage #2Westen D 500gb M.2
    CPU CoolerPhanteks PH-TC14S 140mm
    CaseNZXT H500 White
    Power SupplySilver stone Platinum 750w
    Keyboard Cougar Vantar gaming
    Mouse Corsair RGB Sabre
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterVergin media super hub 2.0

Angry Same here

Quote Originally Posted by krisdooman View Post
    Hi,
    I have an X470 F Gaming board with a 2600X.
    Samsung 960 Evo (boot drive)
    2 Corsair 120GB SSD and a 1TB Mech drive.
    EVGA 1060 and 16GB COrsair Vengence DDr4.

Every time i run AI suite III... after a few minutes i get weird system stops and reboots. Some times the machine just stops. It will continue running but the screen goes black and the board won't power off until i cut power via PSU switch. Other times it just reboots. Dove in to the event logs and i keep seeing these errors shortly before the reboot/system stop. pasted one error below.

"The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection
    and APPID
    Unavailable
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

WHen i just turn off AI Suite III... no issues what so ever. The error is very consistent.
    Anyone have any input on this?

Thanks,
    I am having the same trouble on my Asus X470 Prime Pro 2700x & 1700 cpus, i tried 2 motherbaords, Asus ROG B450-I Motherboard , Tried 3 PSUs ,Memory kits , Random No signal on monitor & PC Frozen up no error messages & Case power button Don't work even holding it down, only way is to switch off of PSU or wall, even not going into the AI suite it can do the same just browing the web , No OC all at stock tried latest "AI_SuiteIII 2019-04-09" Also tried the older version suite all the same, once uninstalled the AI suite all is fine. tred clean Windows 10 pro install build versions 1803 & now 1809, its the AI SUITE thats at fault ,Seems to be happening on the Ryzen Platform , My old Intel 7600K ON Asus Rog S Z170 itx is all fine with the AI Suite maybe its due to a old version of the suite
    Last edited by Darrenuk; 04-24-2019 at 01:55 PM.