cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lian li pc-011 dynamic watercool build for performance

feedmeink
Level 12
No fancy rgb lights on the fans. Built for cool temps and overclocking.

I9 7980xe (delid)
Rampage vi extreme (ek monoblock)
Vega 56 (ek full block)
2 360mm black ice 47mm thick rads (top and bottom)
1 360mm alpha cool 30mm thick rad (side)
9 noctua 120mm 3,000rpm pwm fans (bottom intake)
32gigs corsair vengeance lpx 4000mhz ram sticks

The build was not easy. All access points for rads were on one side of the case. Not by choice. Just no room for the other way around. Had to get creative and had a lot of frustration/fun with it. Just wanted to share!
14 REPLIES 14

feedmeink
Level 12
Also there were no access points for the out and inlets to the d5 pump. The way it is mounted would have gotten too close to the glass/gpu. So I improvised. Had to bring output for pump to the side, go first into bottom rad, out and then wrap around and back down into the gpu. The tubing I brought forward enough to easily swap ram in and out.

Also here is the back if interested.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
This is the chassis I've opted for with my Formula build, I'll be sure to post up how it turns out. I've gone with much thinner EK coolstream rads, though.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
This is the chassis I've opted for with my Formula build, I'll be sure to post up how it turns out. I've gone with much thinner EK coolstream rads, though.

Right on! The 47mm thick rads made it a tight fit. If you go for thinner rads you should have plenty of room to play with! Just something to keep in mind, the side radiator needs to have specific dimensions. All I can speak of is alphacool. That one fits fine. The issue you will come across is due to the cables by the power button and usb on the front of the case. If the input and output ports have too much material around them, it wont fit. I recomend watching video reviews. Some people will name off brands that will work. I believe ek wont fit in the side mount. Just a heads up!

feedmeink wrote:
Right on! The 47mm thick rads made it a tight fit. If you go for thinner rads you should have plenty of room to play with! Just something to keep in mind, the side radiator needs to have specific dimensions. All I can speak of is alphacool. That one fits fine. The issue you will come across is due to the cables by the power button and usb on the front of the case. If the input and output ports have too much material around them, it wont fit. I recomend watching video reviews. Some people will name off brands that will work. I believe ek wont fit in the side mount. Just a heads up!

I've already mounted the EK rad and fans to the side mount, the ports are facing the rear compartment to avoid clutter. It did fit in the reverse orinatation aswell.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
I've already mounted the EK rad and fans to the side mount, the ports are facing the rear compartment to avoid clutter. It did fit in the reverse orinatation aswell.

Right on. Glad it worked out!

Vlada011
Level 10
Great build, I will install my parts these days in similar orientation only different case.
I bought Lian Li aluminium feets, to increase space between case and floor, now is 3-4 cm.
But WXC have rubbers over 4 spots for feets and I feel bad to remove nicely install rubber, with them I will need M3 12/15mm screws, little longer than I go with SD-01B feets.

Sounds good! Be sure to update with pics!

Vlada011
Level 10
You didn't thought to install bottom radiator and fans in exhaust push configuration.
That mean first gasket to avoid scratching case with radiator, than radiator than fans and than pump mount on top of last fan in corner as now.