cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Asus RTX 2080ti poseidon Coming?

Niko19922
Level 7
i had been looking forward to the new Graphics cards from nvidia and when they finally came, i then looked on Asus's website to see if the poseidon edition had come, but NO.
So now is my question then is it never coming or WHAT? and if it is coming for how long am i going to wait?
40 REPLIES 40

cljustin
Level 8
No official update for the Poseidon 2080 Ti. Stay tuned for future updates.

Menthol
Level 14
There is an extreme shortage of the new cards so usually higher end cards are released last, I don't think anyone could tell you at this time

techlore
Level 7
I'm waiting on the 2080ti Poseidon as well. Being hopeful Asus doesn't forget about their water cooling builders.

btrach144
Level 7
+1 for the ASUS 2080Ti Poseidon. I'm curious to compare it with the EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Hydrocopper.

Raja
Level 13
No immediate plans for this. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen at all, though.

Raja@ASUS wrote:

Please count me as one whom is interested in a card with a Poseidon cooler, or even a user-upgradable replacement Poseidon-style cooler that can be used on the reference layout...especially if a Turing Titan card is revealed with the same board layout as the reference 2080 Ti.

The hybrid Air + Water cooling is the best use of space for the best performance that can be had when both are in use. But, the overall dimensions need to be controlled: total height ≤ 6 in. / 152.4mm; width ≤ 2.2 slots & preferably 2 slots; length no longer than what they've been. At least the latest Strix when in the right direction for height, but unfortunately it also grew in width, relative to previous generation.

Raja@ASUS wrote:

With the introduction of your AIO line are there any plans for Hybrid cards?

Vlada011
Level 10
He will be, I dreamed him.
Special RTX 2080Ti...

I don't know what to do, I really need GPU upgrade. I mean maybe I don't need next 1-2 months, but I need very soon and I afraid if my die I will not have good options as now to add Poseidon to RVE10 and EK Monoblock. Than I would be real ROG Punk.
One option is new, without warranty in original package as big sellers get them, two ASUS boxes serial number, but no warranty.
BECAUSE ASUS NOT RESPECT WORLDWIDE WARRANTY, YES!

And other is used Poseidon, stable, used on water with warranty to September of 2020.
Two years, I call and guy who bring them and he say warranty regular switch to me, and I know that he very fast resolve warranties for buyers and GPU is completely stable.
In Belgrade new ASUS 1080Ti Poseidon cost 1050 euro, 50 euro more than ASUS RTX2080 Turbo. This are 580 and 600.

NVIDIA ruin my gaming life, for owner of ATI 9800 PRO, 8800 GTX, ATI 4890, ATI 5870, HD6970, two GTX580, GTX780 immediately upgraded to GTX780Ti is humiliation to buy RTX2070 OR RTX2060. That was never my segment. And I would rather buy high end year later than month after release mid range.
I asked even our seller where I first look ROG Motherboard...Did they planned to drop price of GTX1080Ti, specific Poseidon, because newer RTX series, but no answer.

RTX 2080 TI Poseidon will look even better, cost up to 1500 and she is double more than I can afford.
But ASUS will launch, they will not look Galaxy HOF, K|NGP|N and others.

Vlada011
Level 10
My new graphic card after 4.5 years.

But I must say this is because discount and etc... EVGA have priority in my book because PSU I win on giveaway.
Always first their options is looked in GPU and PSU Segment. But not if I need to pay 850 euro and 580 euro is other option.