cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 October 2018 Update (Windows 10 ver. 1809) KILLS BW-E Overclock!!!!!!!!!

JuSiZ1
Level 10
PLEASE ASUS....INTEL...MICROSOFT FIX your software. This is very annoying i never install KB4100347 update because this problem but now when win update install this october 18 update my overclocks is broken!! @Raja@asus @Chino @somebody to know how to fix this!?!?
174 REPLIES 174

Craig
Level 8
JuSiZ1 wrote:
PLEASE ASUS....INTEL...MICROSOFT FIX your software. This is very annoying i never install KB4100347 update because this problem but now when win update install this october 18 update my overclocks is broken!! @raja@asus @chino @somebody to know how to fix this!?!?

I know it doesn't help your problem, but I have disabled updates until this is sorted. At this stage you may need to roll back to an earlier version of Windows.

Vaipan
Level 7
I posted this in another thread, but it seems the update only limits the cpu core multiplier to defaults. So to get around this, I increased my BCLK to 125 and now my OC works. For my 6900k, it seems any multiplier over 37 won't work in Windows. But I increased BCLK to 125 and lower my multiplier to 35 to get a 4.375 OC.

Vaipan wrote:
I posted this in another thread, but it seems the update only limits the cpu core multiplier to defaults. So to get around this, I increased my BCLK to 125 and now my OC works. For my 6900k, it seems any multiplier over 37 won't work in Windows. But I increased BCLK to 125 and lower my multiplier to 35 to get a 4.375 OC.

Not everyone want to overclock BCLK though.

I think us ASUS X99 owners are out of luck on this one. Just make sure to block the update as long as you can

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
wierd My OC is doing fine. that is the issue blue screens? using 7700k 5.0 1.36volts. all manual and I have 0 problems and issues.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Itzycharles wrote:
wierd My OC is doing fine. that is the issue blue screens? using 7700k 5.0 1.36volts. all manual and I have 0 problems and issues.

It limits overclocking on Broadwell-E processors. That and X99 boards. Not all though.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
The culprit security patch that causes this issue as far as I've been able to ascertain is KB4100347 as in the OP, which contains the updated microcode. This will be loading the microcode at OS handoff, removing it should default back to the microcode contained in the UEFI firmware.

Don't have an X99 system set up here to try this, but my first step would be to uninstall the update.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
The culprit security patch that causes this issue as far as I've been able to ascertain is KB4100347 as in the OP, which contains the updated microcode. This will be loading the microcode at OS handoff, removing it should default back to the microcode contained in the UEFI firmware.

Don't have an X99 system set up here to try this, but my first step would be to uninstall the update.

This microcode patch is integrated in october 2018 update and can't delete separately or if can somebody come here to tell us!!!!!
I never installed those kb4100347 update myself. My overclocks working fine before this october update.

tobacco
Level 7
You can change mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll with a previous version. Which you can find in "C:\Windows\System32". To change that file you need to take the ownership of the file from security settings. This will revert kb4100347 update and its side effect.

tobacco wrote:
You can change mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll with a previous version. Which you can find in "C:\Windows\System32". To change that file you need to take the ownership of the file from security settings. This will revert kb4100347 update and its side effect.

Many thanks for you!! This works!!! i just replace those file to older one and my overclock works properly...