Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by billchron View Post
    Would this bios work on RAMPAGE V EXTREME 3.1 ?
    No this bios is only for the Rampage V editon 10

Few pages back into this thread someone also posted a bios for the X99 Strix mainboard, but there is No bios posted here that works for the Rampage V Extreme (Maybe there is a non asus modified bios around here for you to use ?)

And Tbh if you could it's not really worth it to flash this bios anyway it will break again on the latest windows 10 update.. you have to watch the windows 10 updates that change/fix Spectre/Meltdown vulnerability's and block those else you lose overclocking ability through Uefi Bios.
    Last edited by Hivemind; 12-20-2018 at 04:40 PM.

ROG Member Array billchron PC Specs
    billchron PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Rampage V Extreme USB 3.1
    ProcessorIntel i7 6800K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200 MHz
    Graphics Card #1Gainward RTX 2080 8GB "GLH" Edition
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512 GB
    Storage #2WD HDD 7.75TB (Total)
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro h115i
    CaseCooler Master Storm Trooper
    Power SupplyCooler Master M2 silent pro 1000w
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum RGB
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Headset Sades SA-903
    Mouse Pad Steelseries QCK Heavy/Razer Goliathus Speed
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z506 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro (1809)
    Network RouterAsus DSL-AC68U

thanks for your reply.I already contact asus support ans i'm waiting for their answer.when i have news i will post them here

ROG Member Array PanosXidis24 PC Specs
    PanosXidis24 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V X99
    ProcessorIntel Extreme i7 6950X
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4A2666C15
    Graphics Card #1Zotac AMP Extreme 980Ti SLI
    Graphics Card #2Zotac AMP Extreme 980Ti SLI
    MonitorQnix QX 2710 O.C
    Storage #1Corsair MP500
    Storage #2RAID 0 disk drivers
    CPU CoolerArtic Freezer 360
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplyThermaltake Grand Touchpower 1050w
    Mouse Zowie EC2-A
    Headset/Speakers Razer Kraken 7.1 V2
    OS windows 10

Nice

ROG Member Array

Same problem here. R5E10 (6950X) with bios 9001 does not allow modifying the voltage under overclocking.

Where before it was stable with less voltage now with more is not ...

I return to BIOS 1902 awaiting a response from Asus with a competent BIOS, this is embarrassing.

ROG Enthusiast Array

When using Windows 10 build 1809 you can delete mcupdate_genuineintel.dll in the system32 directory then windows is forced to use the bios micro code

This will bring back the overclock again but you won't have the spectre/meltdown protection of course unless the bios micro code is updated against those flaws

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Hivemind View Post
    When using Windows 10 build 1809 you can delete mcupdate_genuineintel.dll in the system32 directory then windows is forced to use the bios micro code

This will bring back the overclock again but you won't have the spectre/meltdown protection of course unless the bios micro code is updated against those flaws
    Will this mess with the windows install... errors, blue screens, repairs ect...

New ROGer Array

Guys I have 1809 installed with an asus x99 deluxe 2 and 6900k. All overclocking is gone. I have contacted asus and its been two weeks they act like they don't know about this which is bizarre. Any suggestions on getting my overclocking back would be appreciated. I see deleting the file is an option just worried about doing that I was Always told to never delete anything in system 32
    Thank you guys

New ROGer Array

I have an X99-A II with i7 6800k also with no overclocking after 1809 Update and have been watching all the updates here - I logged a support case with Asus last week describing the symptoms and conclusions from all over the Internet and they advised updating to the latest BIOS (which I advised I was already on at the time) and resetting my CMOS to cure it!

I logged another call explaining again about the 1809 update and how widespread it is, even providing links to the various reports and forums and was advised this time that there has been no announcement for an update, that I was to be advised that the microcode update for SPECTRE affected performance but that it is not something they have a fix for or have received a fix from Intel.

Not too useful or hopeful..

Darryl

New ROGer Array

That's great want to try does it damage or affect your Windows install at all or is this solution completely harmless.. I was told to not touch system32 folder

ROG Member Array

Windows does not allow you to delete it. Any other way?

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast