Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 175
  1. #11
    ROG Enthusiast Array Nixon2992 PC Specs
    Nixon2992 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING(UEFI:1504)
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 5820K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX [CMK16GX4M4A2133C15]
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 1070 OC
    Graphics Card #2ASUS GeForce GT 710 Silent LP [710-2-SL]
    MonitorAcer CB290C
    Storage #1Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM006
    Storage #2WD Black [WDS512G1X0C]
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15S
    CaseFractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition
    Power SupplyCorsair RMi 1000W [CP-9020084-EU]
    OS Windows 10 Home for single language 1704
    Network RouterASUS RT N66U
    Nixon2992's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    69

    Quote Originally Posted by JuSiZ1 View Post
    PLEASE ASUS....INTEL...MICROSOFT FIX your software. This is very annoying i never install KB4100347 update because this problem but now when win update install this october 18 update my overclocks is broken!! @raja@asus @chino @somebody to know how to fix this!?!?
    Can you say you bios version?
    it's necessary me for find combination UEFI ucode + OS ucode which break overclock capabylity Broadwell-E CPU.
    Windows 10 1809 on Broadwell-E use 0x1C version? In original Intel Security report for this family CPU ucode version: 0xB00002C(Spectre v1/v2 protection + Melltdown) and last ucode for Broadwell-E::0xB00002E((Spectre v1/v2/v3/v4 protection + Melltdown).

  2. #12
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array JuSiZ1 PC Specs
    JuSiZ1 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme Omega
    Processori9-7920X
    Memory (part number)G.skill TridentZ 4x8Gb DDR4 3200MHz cl14
    Graphics Card #1nVIDIA RTX 2080Ti Fe
    Sound CardCreative soundblaster X7 Le
    MonitorPG27AQ
    Storage #1Samsung 970pro 512Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb
    Storage #2Inte850pro 1Tbl 750 1.2Tb, 2x850pro 512gb and
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy evo x99
    CaseDiy case
    Power SupplyCorsair Ax860i
    Keyboard Logitech G19
    Mouse Logitech G900 chaos Spectrum
    Headset Beyerdynamic T90
    Mouse Pad ROG from china
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z4 2.1 And Monitors speakers
    OS Win 10 Pro 64-bit
    Network RouterFritz Box 6490
    Accessory #1 H2O cooling with 3x360 rads, dual ddc pumps,EK blocks, Copper pipes etc.
    Accessory #2 BD-RE
    JuSiZ1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    82

    Quote Originally Posted by Nixon2992 View Post
    Can you say you bios version?
    it's necessary me for find combination UEFI ucode + OS ucode which break overclock capabylity Broadwell-E CPU.
    Windows 10 1809 on Broadwell-E use 0x1C version? In original Intel Security report for this family CPU ucode version: 0xB00002C(Spectre v1/v2 protection + Melltdown) and last ucode for Broadwell-E::0xB00002E((Spectre v1/v2/v3/v4 protection + Melltdown).
    My R5E10 running latest 1902 beta bios

    edit. Theres my findings. ucode what comes in 1809 update is Rev. 0xB00002C ► Spectre (CVE-2017-5715) Patched ◄ mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll vers. 10.0.17763.1

    And my changed mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll vers.10.0.14393.0 gives me Rev. 0xB00002A ► Spectre (CVE-2017-5715) Patched ◄ and this working.
    Last edited by JuSiZ1; 10-04-2018 at 11:39 AM.

  3. #13
    ROG Enthusiast Array Nixon2992 PC Specs
    Nixon2992 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING(UEFI:1504)
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 5820K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX [CMK16GX4M4A2133C15]
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 1070 OC
    Graphics Card #2ASUS GeForce GT 710 Silent LP [710-2-SL]
    MonitorAcer CB290C
    Storage #1Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM006
    Storage #2WD Black [WDS512G1X0C]
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15S
    CaseFractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition
    Power SupplyCorsair RMi 1000W [CP-9020084-EU]
    OS Windows 10 Home for single language 1704
    Network RouterASUS RT N66U
    Nixon2992's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    69

    Quote Originally Posted by JuSiZ1 View Post
    My R5E10 running latest 1902 beta bios

    edit. Theres my findings. ucode what comes in 1809 update is Rev. 0xB00002C ► Spectre (CVE-2017-5715) Patched ◄ mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll vers. 10.0.17763.1

    And my changed mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll vers.10.0.14393.0 gives me Rev. 0xB00002A ► Spectre (CVE-2017-5715) Patched ◄ and this working.
    Can you make screnshot attached in message my prototype utility firts tab(need run as admin),for i see uCode realy applied Windows 10 1809 original mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CPUCaps.JPG 
Views:	244 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	76118
    In UEFI 1902 uCode version for BW-E:0xB00002A and HSW-E:0x3C.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1902_UEFI_Ucode.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	76119
    Archivos Adjuntos

  4. #14
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    13

    Guys I just fixed Windows 1809, and the issue with BW-E on the Rampage V Edition 10 X99 board. The issue stemmed from a uCode incompatibility and has been corrected by loading the latest Intel uCode into the 1902 BIOS. You do not have to modify anything at the Windows OS level (like modifying the DLLs in System32 as some have suggested)

    Setup: 6850k @ 4.4GHz and Windows 10 1809 on R5E10 Board.

    Validation (right click and open image in another window to see the full screenshot, I have an ultrawide):




    I zipped up the CAP and uploaded here: https://www.filehosting.org/file/det...9462/R5E10.zip - changes from 1902 were made via UBU @ Fernando WinRaid. I used the latest uCode for HaswellE/BroadwellE as the uCode from 1902 is the January release and is incompatible with the OS side fixes.

    In addition to microcode the latest 14.8 UEFI option ROM for RST is loaded, and latest network stack modules.

    USE AT YOUR OWN RISK - PLEASE ENSURE YOU UNDERSTAND HOW TO USE BIOS FLASHBACK AND HAVE A WAY TO RECOVER YOUR BIOS IN THE EVENT THIS DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU.
    Last edited by ChaosMinionX; 10-04-2018 at 07:24 PM. Reason: attached zip

  5. #15
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array JuSiZ1 PC Specs
    JuSiZ1 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme Omega
    Processori9-7920X
    Memory (part number)G.skill TridentZ 4x8Gb DDR4 3200MHz cl14
    Graphics Card #1nVIDIA RTX 2080Ti Fe
    Sound CardCreative soundblaster X7 Le
    MonitorPG27AQ
    Storage #1Samsung 970pro 512Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb
    Storage #2Inte850pro 1Tbl 750 1.2Tb, 2x850pro 512gb and
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy evo x99
    CaseDiy case
    Power SupplyCorsair Ax860i
    Keyboard Logitech G19
    Mouse Logitech G900 chaos Spectrum
    Headset Beyerdynamic T90
    Mouse Pad ROG from china
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z4 2.1 And Monitors speakers
    OS Win 10 Pro 64-bit
    Network RouterFritz Box 6490
    Accessory #1 H2O cooling with 3x360 rads, dual ddc pumps,EK blocks, Copper pipes etc.
    Accessory #2 BD-RE
    JuSiZ1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    82

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMinionX View Post
    Guys I just fixed Windows 1809, and the issue with BW-E on the Rampage V Edition 10 X99 board. The issue stemmed from a uCode incompatibility and has been corrected by loading the latest Intel uCode into the 1902 BIOS. You do not have to modify anything at the Windows OS level (like modifying the DLLs in System32 as some have suggested)

    Setup: 6850k @ 4.4GHz and Windows 10 1809 on R5E10 Board.

    Validation (right click and open image in another window to see the full screenshot, I have an ultrawide):




    I zipped up the CAP and uploaded here: https://www.filehosting.org/file/det...9462/R5E10.zip - changes from 1902 were made via UBU @ Fernando WinRaid. I used the latest uCode for HaswellE/BroadwellE as the uCode from 1902 is the January release and is incompatible with the OS side fixes.

    In addition to microcode the latest 14.8 UEFI option ROM for RST is loaded, and latest network stack modules.

    USE AT YOUR OWN RISK - PLEASE ENSURE YOU UNDERSTAND HOW TO USE BIOS FLASHBACK AND HAVE A WAY TO RECOVER YOUR BIOS IN THE EVENT THIS DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU.
    Thats great!! Can somebody from ASUS tell is there coming official bios fix anytime soon??

  6. #16
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Reputation
    12
    Posts
    78

    I don't know if anyone from Asus even reads these Forums anymore. It would certainly be nice if they did release even a beta bios to fix this. I know that MSI latest bios doesn't get affected by the update.

  7. #17
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Reputation
    12
    Posts
    78

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMinionX View Post
    Guys I just fixed Windows 1809, and the issue with BW-E on the Rampage V Edition 10 X99 board. The issue stemmed from a uCode incompatibility and has been corrected by loading the latest Intel uCode into the 1902 BIOS. You do not have to modify anything at the Windows OS level (like modifying the DLLs in System32 as some have suggested)

    Setup: 6850k @ 4.4GHz and Windows 10 1809 on R5E10 Board.

    Validation (right click and open image in another window to see the full screenshot, I have an ultrawide):




    I zipped up the CAP and uploaded here: https://www.filehosting.org/file/det...9462/R5E10.zip - changes from 1902 were made via UBU @ Fernando WinRaid. I used the latest uCode for HaswellE/BroadwellE as the uCode from 1902 is the January release and is incompatible with the OS side fixes.

    In addition to microcode the latest 14.8 UEFI option ROM for RST is loaded, and latest network stack modules.

    USE AT YOUR OWN RISK - PLEASE ENSURE YOU UNDERSTAND HOW TO USE BIOS FLASHBACK AND HAVE A WAY TO RECOVER YOUR BIOS IN THE EVENT THIS DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU.
    I tried your bios and also one that i created using the page you linked to. Both versions give me an error saying THIS IS NOT A PROPER BIOS when trying to flash. Bios flashback also blinks for 2 seconds, but doesn't update the bios. How did you get around this.

  8. #18
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Reputation
    12
    Posts
    78

    Just a quick update, my issue was actually related to my flash drive. I couldn't even use the flashback with an official bios. Tried another drive and my edited bios updated. I'm now running a 4.4ghz overclock on my Rampage V Edition 10 and the KB4100347 update. Thank ChaosMinionX for your links to sorting this.

  9. #19
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    13

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Just a quick update, my issue was actually related to my flash drive. I couldn't even use the flashback with an official bios. Tried another drive and my edited bios updated. I'm now running a 4.4ghz overclock on my Rampage V Edition 10 and the KB4100347 update. Thank ChaosMinionX for your links to sorting this.
    Glad it worked out for you!

    I have also had flash drives that simply didn't work, even after cleaning up partition data and everything they still were not allowed by flashback.

  10. #20
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array JuSiZ1 PC Specs
    JuSiZ1 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme Omega
    Processori9-7920X
    Memory (part number)G.skill TridentZ 4x8Gb DDR4 3200MHz cl14
    Graphics Card #1nVIDIA RTX 2080Ti Fe
    Sound CardCreative soundblaster X7 Le
    MonitorPG27AQ
    Storage #1Samsung 970pro 512Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb
    Storage #2Inte850pro 1Tbl 750 1.2Tb, 2x850pro 512gb and
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy evo x99
    CaseDiy case
    Power SupplyCorsair Ax860i
    Keyboard Logitech G19
    Mouse Logitech G900 chaos Spectrum
    Headset Beyerdynamic T90
    Mouse Pad ROG from china
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z4 2.1 And Monitors speakers
    OS Win 10 Pro 64-bit
    Network RouterFritz Box 6490
    Accessory #1 H2O cooling with 3x360 rads, dual ddc pumps,EK blocks, Copper pipes etc.
    Accessory #2 BD-RE
    JuSiZ1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    82

    I got official answer from asus:

    "Our test lab got the problem replicated and confirmed that the problem is a Windows Update KB4100347 that includes a new Intel microcode, this is included in this latest major update.
    The primary solution for this is to restore this version of the current Windows update to the previous version. Even though this is installed through the build update, this should still appear in the list of installed updates.This problem is coming up with a BIOS update to fix this problem, but this is not yet ready for an official release."

    NEW BIOS coming anytime soon.....

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •