cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Running at 8x after BIOS update + no signal via DP (X470)

Ardilla_del_mal
Level 7
So this happened after I update to the latest BIOS.

And after that, I lost video signal via Displayport, HDMI works, but I don't like HDMI.

I set manually the GPU to run at 16x but no luck, still running at 8x.

I tried to flash the previous BIOS but I cant, it says its not a valid BIOS file...

No OC

https://i.imgur.com/Pq0CYgK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/78qOvhe.png

I tested my GPU on my other PC (Crosshar VI WI-FI X370/ Ryzen 1700x) And the GPU works at 16x and the DP video works...

¿Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks 🙂
2 REPLIES 2

gupsterg
Level 13
From your image it seems you have a ASUS Crosshair VII Hero.

Use "Flashback" procedure to update UEFI, this will allow you to go back and forward versions with ease.

Have you used UEFI 1001? can be found in this link. You may also find referencing this thread handy, link.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

Rewerend
Level 9
Hey Ardilla del mal, I have a same issue, but I checked everything if I am correct with using top pci ex slot.
I have a NVMe but in bottom slot, so that position should allow me to use top pci ex slot at 16x speed. (I read manual, web topics, bios help ect)
I also checked bus links in few programs in OS and I am sure that gpu is running at 16x lane.
So where is the problem, I also tried to install only gpu without NVMe with default bios settings and bios still tell me 8x speed at pci ex.
So I never see 16x speed with Crosshair VII. I have a new build with Ryzen 7 2700X tested on bios 0804 and 1001.
I stopped searching for a solution, but maybe Asus have to know that. Thank you for any advise.