cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Aura headaches

Tuff253
Level 7
Hi,

Since updating to Aura 1.06.95 my Aura controlled RGB is misbehaving. This would be the RGB on the motherboard, RAM and LED strips.

1) Having Aura set to static on blue with the application turned off, in sleep mode, the motherboard lights stay on (strips and RAM are off). Turning the PC on causes the above 3 hardware pieces to light up their RGB in rainbow mode. I have noticed the settings in Aura revert back to rainbow mode in the applications off state but they still turn on??

Switching the application on and off occasionally fixes the issue in sleep mode. This issue occasionally happens when the PC is in off state too. Sync settings are set to off when in sleep mode in the application.

BIOS settings are also turned off to disallow in hibernate/sleep/off states but RGB appears to turn on.

I found that going into BIOS and hitting save and reset resolves the issue for a bit but then it eventually comes back after a few sleeps.

I have installed the latest chipset drivers, latest MEI from a few days ago etc.. Also running latest Windows update.

1. BIOS 1704 release two ago
2. Asus Rog Maximus Hero X motherboard
3. G skill Trident 16GB RAM with RGB
4. 2 LED strips
5. EXTREME ENGINE from Gigabyte is used to control GTX 1080 RGB although the software itself is not running in the background.
6. Corsair iCue running in the background to control 4 ll series fans
7. I resintalled 1.06.95 and the previous version of Aura but it too creates the issue
8. Issue was not present in previous version.
9. Rebooting the PC occasionally fixes the problem.
1 REPLY 1

Tuff253
Level 7
Thanks for the help guys....:rolleyes::rolleyes: