cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 October UPDATE 1809 - Your thoughts/feedback

theWanderer521
Level 7
Good day y'all!

Windows have already released their OS update 1809 last October 2 (rolling out to wider users still on going)

I still don't have the update on my machine or even planning to manually update it - I'll try to wait until it appears on my notifications.

However, there were numerous reports of problems like --
https://www.techradar.com/news/windows-10-october-2018-update-runs-into-problems-with-some-newer-int...

or even changing your OC settings
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?104978-Broadwell-E-users-watch-out-for-Windows-10-KB410034...

Would love to hear your thoughts - like problems you encountered and share your tips as well on how you troubleshoot the problem.
By the way, I recommend BACKUP everything before doing the update.

Thanks guys!
68 REPLIES 68

kens30
Level 11
No problems at all here like the ones you linked to but Windows 10 1809 has some bugs.
There is no need to update from 1803 right now unless you have a RTX2080 or RTX2080 TI and own Shadow of the Tomb Raider to try the New RTX futures.
Which by the way the game has not been updated yet to support it yet.
I advise to not update to the RTM (BETA!) 1809 yet until most of the bugs are resolved.

JuSiZ1
Level 10
This kills overclocking on R5E10 and 6950x. I think many x99 are affected.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105293-Windows-10-October-2018-Update-(Windows-10-ver-1809...

Carbonicdk
Level 8
After installing this I've had some "INTERNAL POWER ERROR" BSOD's after waking from sleep and a single "cold boot monitors not turning on" issue since right after this update on my Z-370E - still investigating.

Carbonicdk wrote:
After installing this I've had some "INTERNAL POWER ERROR" BSOD's after waking from sleep and a single "cold boot monitors not turning on" issue since right after this update on my Z-370E - still investigating.

BUGCHECK 0a ? THat is what I am seeing.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

geneo wrote:
BUGCHECK 0a ? THat is what I am seeing.

Yes 0a does figure in the dumpfile. Here's a more comprehensive look:

Having checked harddrive integrity and windows with the "sfc /scannow" and "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" commands I'm still left with believing it's a conflict between my Asus based system and this new Windows 10 feature update.

Carbonicdk wrote:
Yes 0a does figure in the dumpfile. Here's a more comprehensive look:

Having checked harddrive integrity and windows with the "sfc /scannow" and "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" commands I'm still left with believing it's a conflict between my Asus based system and this new Windows 10 feature update.

Same as I have had.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

geneo wrote:
Same as I have had.

So, I guess it's possible that Asus's Z370 platform/software has issues with the upcomming Windows 10 October update. I just reverted Windows 10 to the previous version and the issue is gone. I'm going to be contacting Asus and to be sure to suggest they testing my motherboard+newest bios+newest software - I suggest you do the same.

Luring
Level 7
the usual ai suit 3 fails to work problem

kens30
Level 11
New news!
Windows 10 October 2018 Update has been pulled due to some severe bugs.