Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array geneo PC Specs
    geneo PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Code
    ProcessorIntel 8086K @ 5.1Ghz
    Memory (part number)32 GB (2x16) G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200 MHz CL14 @ 3733 16-16-36
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix 2070 Super A8G
    MonitorEIZO Coloredge CG2730 and Dell
    Storage #1Samsung 512 GB 960 Pro
    Storage #21TB 850 x 1 TB 860 EVO RAID 0, 6 TB WDC Black HDD
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 Chromax
    CaseFractal Design R4 w/ tempered glass
    Power Supply750W Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
    Keyboard CM Quickfire Rapid TKL
    Mouse Logitech G305
    Headset Bose
    Headset/Speakers Vanatoo T1, ML Dynamo 300
    OS Windows 10 Pro X64

Quote Originally Posted by ImpulsePie View Post
    No, it could possibly take a lot longer than 5-10 minutes, because if it’s not the only issue it’ll take me hours to reinstall Windows back to 1803 again and set it all back up the way I had it. Or try to do a rollback to before the 1809 update, but that’s not a guarantee to work either.*

I’ll probably just wait until Samsung have a newer NVME driver to bother trying again. By then maybe Microsoft will have another cumulative update out and will have figured out most of the issues. This rollout has been a huge stinking mess. They just don’t test things properly, and they don’t even listen to Insider feedback/bug reports that are telling them the issues.*
    But you plan to roll back Windows to 1803 anyhow. Or have you already? Then why did you ask if you aren't willing to try?

Knowing Samsung, that will probably be a long wait my friend. They move glacially, if at all.

I am running 1809 fine for some time, it has definitely been problematic but not that big of a deal.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...in/td-p/403634

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them

i test the driver and the native one. IF there is something that change with and without the driver? i test numbers, and is about speed. there is almos none. If fact using the windows driver perform better. (using CSM disable and UEFI boot native and secure boot) If these is the issue, F**** the samsung driver, unless the driver do something else. These was plug in my z270 hero ix on slot 1, x4 activate. I can try put in the 1809 and change to the port 2 and activate the pci-e. The one I have is a 960 evo 256gb

With native windows driver
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Samung driver 960 256 no driver.png 
Views:	123 
Size:	309.5 KB 
ID:	76992

With samsung driver
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Samung driver 960 256 con driver de samsung.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	373.0 KB 
ID:	76993
    Last edited by MrAgapiGC; 11-15-2018 at 03:38 PM.

New ROGer Array

Some progress! As geneo says, it does indeed appear to be the Samsung NVME drivers - I re-tested 1809 (I now have full backups of both versions), and booted into safe mode then deleted the Samsung driver from the Device Manager (rather than just in the Apps uninstall), forcing Win10 to use its own NVME driver.

It now sleeps without crashing on wake...well, it does as long as I detach all USB devices other than keyboard and mouse (seems I've got some additional debugging to do...)

I'm guessing the 1809 upgrade process automatically reinstalls the Samsung driver, so you probably need to manually force the change, rather than just uninstalling the Samsung driver.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by geneo View Post
    But you plan to roll back Windows to 1803 anyhow. Or have you already? Then why did you ask if you aren't willing to try?

Knowing Samsung, that will probably be a long wait my friend. They move glacially, if at all.

I am running 1809 fine for some time, it has definitely been problematic but not that big of a deal.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...in/td-p/403634
    When 1809 first came out (before it was recalled) I was using it and discovered the sleep/wake issue, but at the time wasn’t sure of the cause. So I reinstalled 1803 from scratch already a few weeks ago. I wasn’t yet willing to try again, so I asked if anyone else wanted to give it a go. Now it seems we have discovered the Samsung NVME driver as the cause, and hopefully the only issue.*

MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    Processor9900K
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    OS Windows 10 64btis

ok. I will take the hit and make a clean install without the samsung driver and test back. HERE WE GO AGAIN. I will post back as soon I finish. Let me take the heat beside it will be nice to test how will performe using other configuracion.

BTW. These nvme and windows CSM should be OFF or ont woth legacy and uefi??? I know that a nice screen will go away

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Had the same internal power error myself, but sure enough when I changed the driver for my Samsung NVME, the problem disappeared. Question is - is it a windows problem or Samsung problem???? Hope they sort it out soon.

MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    Processor9900K
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    OS Windows 10 64btis

Quote Originally Posted by tipes View Post
    Had the same internal power error myself, but sure enough when I changed the driver for my Samsung NVME, the problem disappeared. Question is - is it a windows problem or Samsung problem???? Hope they sort it out soon.

No idea. i put the scores on stock driver and samsung driver. The question I have, what will happens inder the hood using stock drivers. ??? i have to play with these CRM off and on. Since in my bord the start looking picture ASUS also change. i have to play with these. I prepare the iso and drivers, but since i there are no more news on the deployment of 1809, and there are less news on why some computers get it, and other not..... still banging my head on what is going on. I can tell that XTU is a issue uninstalling and mess up the registry but the machine is stable with the errors. i can try get a Intel SSD Pro 7600p if there is difference playing with stocl drivers, but i can quess that will be the same (not talking performance, just play nice with stock drivers.)

ROG Junior Member Array

I'm glad I found this thread, Samsung NVME driver was also causing BSOD after sleep. Fixed by uninstalling.

MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    Processor9900K
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    OS Windows 10 64btis

No crashes so far. But a lot of errors. It seam that the kernel trying force the stop use of 32. So far no,issues but the driver is needed. Using 1809 all updates and the drivers that are on a post for rog/strix. Hit me with questions I will try to get some sort of it the best I can.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

The Windows 10 - October Update 1809 cannot be installed in ASUS Z390 (or Z370) boards configured to use CPU-attached NVMe RAID.

Reading the PC Perspective article about this new possibility (https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Storag...0-Motherboards), I tried this using a Maximus XI Hero, 2 X Optane 900P - 280 GB (with an M.2 adapter) and a Hyper M.2 X16 card.

With 1809 everything goes smoothly installing Windows, until we have to put the F6 driver to make the bootable volume consisting of the two 900P, and it’s not possible to form this volume.

Using the 1083 version, there is no problem in building the bootable volume, and after the OS operates faultlessly.

I think this feature, using Z370/390 boards is a lot more attractive, for some users, than the VROC option on X299 boards, because it’s cheaper, but it is necessary that users be aware of some feature’s limitations:
    - Only for Intel SSD’s (same as for X299 on VROC).
    - the graphics card will operate in PCIe X 8 (not a big loss).
    - SLI’s preclude the use of feature.
    - max of three raid SSDs, and in this case have to use the cpu integrated graphics.

So, this feature is a way to avoid the chipset DMI 3.0 throughput limitation, until Intel provides a long time due better DMI (perhaps with PCIe 4.0).

[]'s

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast