cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ai Suite 3 Preventing Full Shutdown

xdlewisdx
Level 8
On Windows 10 1809, Ai Suite 3 1.05.14

Just noticed this once I updated to Windows 1809 so I'm pretty sure its a conflict with that version.

If you have setup Auto Fan Tuning in Ai Suite 3 Windows will no longer fully shutdown, It will go through the normal shutdown steps and the screen will go black, but the lights stay on and all fans will continue to spin, this will continue for 5 minutes, after that it will simply shut off, and won't turn back on if you clicked restart.

So it seems to be a conflict with the latest Windows 10 update and something to do with Auto Fan Tuning.

I have tested this on a completely fresh installation of Windows and get the same results.

From my testing uninstalling Ai Suite 3 fixes the issue, and installing it again still results in no issues until you setup Auto Fan Tuning which causes Windows to not shutdown completely.

My motherboard is a Asus Z170-A
7 REPLIES 7

panzlock
Level 12
I need to prevent this pos from installing on my PC's. There's enough problems with Ai as it is.

Thanks for the heads up.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

this problem new windows update bug for ai suite 3 extreme quite fan mode using problem please off this settings and test it

hoogends
Level 8
xdlewisdx wrote:
On Windows 10 1809, Ai Suite 3 1.05.14

Just noticed this once I updated to Windows 1809 so I'm pretty sure its a conflict with that version.

If you have setup Auto Fan Tuning in Ai Suite 3 Windows will no longer fully shutdown, It will go through the normal shutdown steps and the screen will go black, but the lights stay on and all fans will continue to spin, this will continue for 5 minutes, after that it will simply shut off, and won't turn back on if you clicked restart.

So it seems to be a conflict with the latest Windows 10 update and something to do with Auto Fan Tuning.

I have tested this on a completely fresh installation of Windows and get the same results.

From my testing uninstalling Ai Suite 3 fixes the issue, and installing it again still results in no issues until you setup Auto Fan Tuning which causes Windows to not shutdown completely.

My motherboard is a Asus Z170-A

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue, same mainboard, same Win ver.
Will there ever be a fix ?
For now uninstalled ai suite 3.......

quanghuy
Level 7
I have same problem with my Viii Ranger. Will Asus fix the Ai Suite for Z170?

Thank you so much for your post! I was having the same problem and going nowhere with the usual support recommendations of clean installs, reinstalling drivers, etc... without any success. As soon as I read your post and uninstalled AI Suite, the issue was resolved. BTW, I did follow up with ASUS support on my case, informed them of this post and the successful resolution and asked for an ETA on when they might address the issue with AI Suite. It seemed to be the first they have heard of the issue and had no estimate as to if and/or when the software engineers would address it.

JustinThyme
Level 13
While the concept for AI suite is great, the delivery is lacking. Nothing it offers other than an nice OS interface that cant be done in the BIOS, which IMO is preferential. IOMaps64.sys was causing some serious BSODs for me the first time I tried it. Second time it bricked an M8E BIOS, both ROMs, with no recovery. There wont be a 3rd time.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Same problem with Crosshair VII and Windows 1903, but I haven't noticed that the problem triggers after the auto fan tuning... going to run more tests...