cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG GL503VM-DB74 Vs GL503VM-GZ028

wisampeace
Level 7
Hi Guys

I want to buy the Hero Edition (GL503VM)

I have two options to buy from:

1- Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076D95JW7/

Model No. GL503VM-DB74

GTX1060 | 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB SSHD + 16Gb Ram + Core i7-7700HQ

2- From local market.

Model No. GL503VM-GZ028

GTX1060 | 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB SSHD + 16Gb Ram + Core i7-7700HQ

I'm little bit confused because both have the same specifications but with different model no.

Can you please tell me what is the difference between both model no.? does the 2nd part of model no. (DB74 & GZ028) refer to something important?

BR
3 REPLIES 3

cl-tom
Level 7
Hey wisampeace,

You will want to check the refresh rate on both displays. I believe the GL503VM-DB74 has a 120hz screen while the GL503VM-GZ028 does not. There are also other variations of the the GZ028 with less ram etc. Hope this helps.

cl-tom@asus wrote:
Hey wisampeace,

You will want to check the refresh rate on both displays. I believe the GL503VM-DB74 has a 120hz screen while the GL503VM-GZ028 does not. There are also other variations of the the GZ028 with less ram etc. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply, but both have the same refresh rate and ram.
I don't know what is different, maybe it's related to region/country code or something else.

I hope there is someone can help.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
wisampeace wrote:
Thank you for your reply, but both have the same refresh rate and ram.
I don't know what is different, maybe it's related to region/country code or something else.

I hope there is someone can help.

Hi wisampeace,

Yes, full model names should be specific to the local country or region.

Although I don't work for the ASUS sales department, my understanding is that local ASUS sales for each region will decide what kind of configurations they wish to sell for each model like the GL503VM and assign a full model name like GL503VM-DB74 to denote or identify a specific configuration sold in that local region if that makes any sense.

Or said another way the full model name like GL503VM-DB74 specifies a particular configuration for the local region, so customers will know what they are buying and do not purchase a GL503VM unit with a different configuration by mistake since it is not uncommon for a region to sell a notebook with multiple configurations which will have different 'full model names'.

So, if you are purchasing from two different countries or regions, they will not use the same 'full model names' (which are only for units sold in the local country or region) although it's possible they can have the same or similar hardware configurations.

Unless you are sure there isn't a problem to use a unit from another country locally, it's usually better just to purchase the unit from the country you plan to use the unit just in case there are any unexpected issues although I'm guessing the prices of the units are different and a factor in the decision.
If you plan to purchase from another country, some things to watch out if they are of concern are: local vs. global warranty, keyboard language, Windows language, software or accessory bundles that may not always show up in the specifications and possibly other things.

Since local sales and support will normally only be concerned about models that are sold locally in their country, it's not very likely they or other customers will be knowledgeable about 'full models' sold in other countries, so you probably need to study each model as best you can to identify any differences although if you are just concerned about basic specs like cpu, memory, and hard drive, it will be easy to compare those.

Hope this helps some and feel free to discuss more if anything is unclear, but also probably a good idea to check into it more to confirm my information is correct. Thanks.