cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting obsessed with “ points addiction”

Rob_W_
Level 12
😉 As the title says, man I’ve gotta getta life!*
I have got to a stage of excellent rig, excellent Oc ( 4.9ghz) excellent temps and realy good bench scores, along with subsidising the national grid lol, BUT!
I realised I am chasing points continuously , it’s got to stop:p so I am on withdrawal for a while, taking a break and gonna play some games and have fun getting killed again lol.
I might even do a bit of video editing again ( after all that was part of getting the Titan v), the 2080ti and ek block are still in there box unopened, which I will probably sell having thought about it !
Chiller worked great got me another 200+ points on time spy but I’m nervous about condensation so I might give it a miss until I get a bench table, I just don’t want to kill my R6E.
:rolleyes:;)*
15 REPLIES 15

Menthol
Level 14
Wouldn't it make more sense to sell the Volta and keep the RTX?
If you do sell the 2080ti does the block fit an EVGA 2080ti Ultra?

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Really I'd be more inclined to dump the titan v than the one that crushed it's value 🙂
But better to wait till next year when the tariff's take place and the titan v's value is increased a little more.

Never good to see a cheaper card crush a more expensive version nvidia does it's customers badly this release.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
I would sell the Titan V before the value plummets. Unless power modded, Volta cannot keep with an overclocked 2080Ti.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Nate152
The 2080 Ti looks to be faster in most games vs. the Titan V but not all, this certainly makes the 2080 Ti more attractive.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Most decisions are emotional even when we think we are being logical...

https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/jenniferlerner/files/annual_review_manuscript_june_16_final.final_...

:rolleyes:

Good to see you still going strong Arne
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

HiVizMan
Level 40
Surprised you get signal up those bloody mountains my friend.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Well, you know... I switched from BT to DARPA SEEME and haven't looked back 😮