Page 22 of 77 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

This thread is initially for ROG motherboards with Sonic Studio III, but if you are using a laptop with Sonic Studio III, it works as well.

Scrupulously follow the FIRST INSTALL/CLEAN INSTALL tutorial of this thread (do not forget what is written in red).
    I did try that but it didn't fix the problem!

After redoing it the sound is back for the speakers but it still won't recognize headphones. The audio console pops up asking if its mic,headset or headphone but there is no sound after that.
    Last edited by trod1996; 01-06-2019 at 10:17 PM.

ROG Junior Member Array

Hello everyone!

I was trying to troubleshoot some issues I've had with the audio on my PC (I'm running a 4790k on a Maximus VII Formula, so oldie here) and wanted to update the Realtek drivers to the latest, so I stumbled upon this thread. After a bit of reading, seems people are installing the drivers in the OP fine, but I'm having no luck with those. The files in Megaupload are only 18MB and, as expected, when I try to install that it throws an error about no driver being there. Of course I uninstalled everything first, so it would be a clean install. I tried installing the Realtek drivers from Realtek's site (or not, I don't remember) and then installing the files from here, but it unistalled the other driver, rebooted and then threw the same error, so I'm kind of at a loss.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

New ROGer Array

Did you try this headset on another PC or other equipment with jack output ? Did you try another headset ?
    Yes sadly i've tried 3 different headsets/headphones which all work on other devices! There is something seriously weird going on! When my computer runs out of battery and i restart it in the beginning everything works, right now my headphones are working! There must be some service/process which has to do with sound that bugs as the computer is being used! Pray that somehow it remains working please and thank you for the help, if i'm right and it starts failing again i'll post with more information.

ROG Junior Member Array

Hi,

You must not use these UAD drivers for your Z97 motherboard.

You have to use the HDA drivers for your Z97 motherboard (use FIRST INSTALL/CLEAN INSTALL tutorial, without installing Sonic Studio III because you will not be able to use it) : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...HD-Audio-(HDA)
    Oh, damn, I missed that in all my frustration. The HDA drivers worked fine! Thanks a lot man!

With that said, my issue still isn't fixed, but I guess it's got nothing to do with Realtek drivers, as I expected. After the October update, the enhancements tab is missing in my audio device settings for my USB DAC. Oh well...

ROG Member Array

Guy's I'm still on my 6.0.1.8273 drivers from late 2017. The only "issue" i have is when I skip between points in say like YouTube video the sound will randomly go down one jump and if I jump forward volume will go up.

Does that sound like driver or Sonic Studio related? All the steps here sound overly complicated for Audio. Is there any benefit to redoing my audio drivers to the latest posted here?

Sound works fine and steady in VLC or Gaming as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by turtleh; 01-10-2019 at 03:38 AM.

New ROGer Array

Hey Guys,

Which driver i have to install to get 5.1 Sourround Sound on the Digital Output. I just can get 2.1 and only 2 Channel.

My MB is the Asus Maximus Extreme XI.

Ty Guys

ROG Enthusiast Array howxcore PC Specs
    howxcore PC Specs
    MotherboardMaxims XI Hero- Wifi
    ProcessorCore I9 9900k 5.0 ghz 6 cores, 4.9 2 cores
    Memory (part number)G.skill tridentz rgb 3600mhz 16gb
    Graphics Card #1msi rtx 2080ti trio
    Sound Cardonboard
    Monitorbenq pd3200u
    Storage #1970 evo m.2 1tb
    CPU Coolernzxt kraken x62
    Casenzxt 700i
    Power Supplyseasonic titanium 1000w
    Keyboard logitech g910
    Mouse logitech g502
    Mouse Pad ICEMAT
    Headset/Speakers logitech z5500
    OS windows 10 pro 1809

Quote Originally Posted by V-Line View Post
    Hey Guys,

Which driver i have to install to get 5.1 Sourround Sound on the Digital Output. I just can get 2.1 and only 2 Channel.

My MB is the Asus Maximus Extreme XI.

Ty Guys
    all of them have worked with me on my maximus XI, you must have some type of decoder if you are using a optical connection dont you?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Guitarmageddon888 PC Specs
    Guitarmageddon888 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus x code bios1704
    Memory (part number)8700k 5.1/4.9avx
    Graphics Card #1MSI 2080 gaming trio
    MonitorHP Omen 27"
    Storage #1Samsung 970 m.2
    Storage #2Samsung 860 evo
    CPU CoolerH150i
    CaseLian li pc011
    Power SupplyEvga supernova g3 850w
    Keyboard Corsair k70
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by howxcore View Post
    all of them have worked with me on my maximus XI, you must have some type of decoder if you are using a optical connection dont you?
    Well if you want Dolby you need to be sending an encoded signal over optical (which your soundcard must provide) into a receiver which has the capability to decode it. Otherwise it's 2.1 or mirrored 4.1 generally. Mine has a fake 3d 5.1 that kind mushes it all together (old creative soundcard)

ROG Enthusiast Array howxcore PC Specs
    howxcore PC Specs
    MotherboardMaxims XI Hero- Wifi
    ProcessorCore I9 9900k 5.0 ghz 6 cores, 4.9 2 cores
    Memory (part number)G.skill tridentz rgb 3600mhz 16gb
    Graphics Card #1msi rtx 2080ti trio
    Sound Cardonboard
    Monitorbenq pd3200u
    Storage #1970 evo m.2 1tb
    CPU Coolernzxt kraken x62
    Casenzxt 700i
    Power Supplyseasonic titanium 1000w
    Keyboard logitech g910
    Mouse logitech g502
    Mouse Pad ICEMAT
    Headset/Speakers logitech z5500
    OS windows 10 pro 1809

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarmageddon888 View Post
    Well if you want Dolby you need to be sending an encoded signal over optical (which your soundcard must provide) into a receiver which has the capability to decode it. Otherwise it's 2.1 or mirrored 4.1 generally. Mine has a fake 3d 5.1 that kind mushes it all together (old creative soundcard)
    I came from a soundblaster x-fi titanium, and the onboard audio here sounds substantially better with dolby processing using 5.1 on a optical connection.
    Last edited by howxcore; 01-10-2019 at 10:00 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Guitarmageddon888 PC Specs
    Guitarmageddon888 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus x code bios1704
    Memory (part number)8700k 5.1/4.9avx
    Graphics Card #1MSI 2080 gaming trio
    MonitorHP Omen 27"
    Storage #1Samsung 970 m.2
    Storage #2Samsung 860 evo
    CPU CoolerH150i
    CaseLian li pc011
    Power SupplyEvga supernova g3 850w
    Keyboard Corsair k70
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by howxcore View Post
    I came from a soundblaster x-fi titanium, and the onboard audio here sounds substantially better with dolby processing using 5.1 on a optical connection.
    And how are you getting your onboard audio to encode dolby? What is decoding on the receiving end?

Page 22 of 77 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast