Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarmageddon888 View Post
    For one , at least for the x code page, they loaded a driver that is months old at this point, and has irrelevant features to my board i.e dts. I'm assuming your board still has nahimic integration from factory? You can always try latest UAD standalone driver without nahimic. Have you done that? Have you done the clean install instructions?
    I honestly have no idea
    According to the specs for Z370-E it comes with these features

And for that very reason i only used the drivers supplied on the downloads page for the mobo, and never "dared" to try the downloads from other sources

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

NahimicService (which is one of the elements of the SS3 integration files) can generate bugs/conflicts with software/games/other drivers (Example : Chrome startup hanging a few seconds) which are sometimes very complex to detect and that A-Volute (Nahimic/Sonic Studio creator) are rather long to fix.

Why in the knowledge of these bugs/conflicts I always propose a version with NahimicService ? Because some ROGers are not ready to compromise not to use SS3/SR3, and need the version with NahimicService anyway.

In order to have a pure Realtek version of the drivers, without NahimicService or other third party, a more stable system, I use and I propose the Standalone version (if you want switch to Standalone version, use the FIRST INSTALL/CLEAN INSTALL tutorial of Standalone install type).
    Hello, thank you for your reply, i ended up using HDA - FF03/Nahimic drivers, which seem to resemble the old 600+ mb package from z370-e downloads page, (no UWP programs, you get the old tray icon etc.. ) installed SS3 manually, and now all seems well, fortunately the nahimic service exe files do not load with these drivers, so my programs start fast again.
    I'm still curious about the UAD drivers and if they offer anything else except the UWP integration, so i hope they fix the issues in the future
    Last edited by ewil; 04-05-2019 at 10:31 AM.

New ROGer Array SaepuruSass PC Specs
    SaepuruSass PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus B350 F gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 1600
    Memory (part number)CMR32GX4M2D3000C16
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1080 Gaming X (Y)
    MonitorEX3201R
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 840 Evo
    CPU CoolerNoctua
    CaseCorsair ATX
    Power SupplySeasonic focus plus 650w gold
    Keyboard K63 Corsair
    Mouse Logitech
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Hi,

Been reading this forum thread for a while and downloaded the previous driver version from this page (not using the newest provides at the moment). And have some questions regarding these drivers.
    I have Asus B350 F gaming motherboard with Ryzen 1600. With the drivers provided on the motherboard support web page I had some issues. Asus Realbench benchmark score was lower than it should have been when the sonic radar was running, disabling it cave me better score. And sometimes the PC just froze in idle or had BSOD for no reason. It passed every benchmark and test I threw at it but it still froze sometimes in idle. I even changed the ram and still the same issue. Can this be related to audio drivers? I run my PC everything at stock and have set the memory timings manually (it likes it better that way, the DOCP automatic setting doesn't work with amd).

And why aren’t these drivers available from motherboard support page? Are they not official drivers?

It would be really helpful if some one could shed some light to these questions. I have had this motherboard for over a year now and been having issues from day one. No bios update or settings have fixed these problems. And after finding this forum thread I started to suspect it was the audio drivers. Never used integrated audio before so I have no experience with them. Usually I use soundblaster latest audio cards. I have SoundBlaster Z in my other Asus Z170 system which has similar integrated audio card.
    Last edited by SaepuruSass; 04-07-2019 at 09:44 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array hazium233 PC Specs
    hazium233 PC Specs
    MotherboardStrix B350-F Gaming
    ProcessorR5 1600
    Memory (part number)Ballistix Sport AT 2666 16gb

Quote Originally Posted by SaepuruSass View Post
    Hi,

Been reading this forum thread for a while and downloaded the previous driver version from this page (not using the newest provides at the moment). And have some questions regarding these drivers.
    I have Asus B350 F gaming motherboard with Ryzen 1600. With the drivers provided on the motherboard support web page I had some issues. Asus Realbench benchmark score was lower than it should have been when the sonic radar was running, disabling it cave me better score. And sometimes the PC just froze in idle or had BSOD for no reason. It passed every benchmark and test I threw at it but it still froze sometimes in idle. I even changed the ram and still the same issue. Can this be related to audio drivers? I run my PC everything at stock and have set the memory timings manually (it likes it better that way, the DOCP automatic setting doesn't work with amd).

And why aren’t these drivers available from motherboard support page? Are they not official drivers?

It would be really helpful if some one could shed some light to these questions. I have had this motherboard for over a year now and been having issues from day one. No bios update or settings have fixed these problems. And after finding this forum thread I started to suspect it was the audio drivers. Never used integrated audio before so I have no experience with them. Usually I use soundblaster latest audio cards. I have SoundBlaster Z in my other Asus Z170 system which has similar integrated audio card.
    I have a 1600 on a B350-F as well.

I can't speak to actual BSOD or freezes , since I have not really had a problem with that running CPU and ram at stock clocks. Which ram sticks did you try? There are a lot of quirks with ram on first gen Ryzen and B350.

However, I have had various problems with the audio. Mostly related to crackles depending on boot or reboot. I haven't found a driver that actually fixes this, but a a Windows update did improve the behavior of the Realtek Audio Console to let me work around it without the app crashing.

As for Realbench scores, I noticed that the Nahimic service specifically would drop the Image Editing score 90-100k points if it was running, this was with the version on the motherboard page (6.0.1.8496) or the package in OP (8668 with Sonic Studio Integration). I didn't install Sonic Studio (and it didn't install automatically) because I wasn't interested in either of those apps, but the Nahimic service still runs unless manually disabled. I set it disabled and haven't looked back.

I had previously tried the 8666 and 8668 standalone packages, but could not get them to work correctly. Audio output seemed to be decent (crackle issue notwithstanding), but I could not get the microphone input to work. It showed as plugged in, but always had an error that the device could not be opened if I tried to record.

I considered perhaps trying an old version of HDA drivers, but I think I am going to hold out for Windows 19 and see if it works better.

FWIW, there is a long thread in the mobo forum devoted to the B350-F
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-GAMING-issues

ROG Enthusiast Array

yep, full clean, registry, everything leftover. install of standalone. crashes windows advanced sound in settings.

the bloatware version runs perfecto /shrug. unfortunately it causes a ton of slowdown with qt engine driven apps especially but relative to the alternative.

guess i could roll back to legacy drivers but whats the point.

New ROGer Array SaepuruSass PC Specs
    SaepuruSass PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus B350 F gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 1600
    Memory (part number)CMR32GX4M2D3000C16
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1080 Gaming X (Y)
    MonitorEX3201R
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 840 Evo
    CPU CoolerNoctua
    CaseCorsair ATX
    Power SupplySeasonic focus plus 650w gold
    Keyboard K63 Corsair
    Mouse Logitech
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by hazium233 View Post
    I have a 1600 on a B350-F as well.

I can't speak to actual BSOD or freezes , since I have not really had a problem with that running CPU and ram at stock clocks. Which ram sticks did you try? There are a lot of quirks with ram on first gen Ryzen and B350.

However, I have had various problems with the audio. Mostly related to crackles depending on boot or reboot. I haven't found a driver that actually fixes this, but a a Windows update did improve the behavior of the Realtek Audio Console to let me work around it without the app crashing.

As for Realbench scores, I noticed that the Nahimic service specifically would drop the Image Editing score 90-100k points if it was running, this was with the version on the motherboard page (6.0.1.8496) or the package in OP (8668 with Sonic Studio Integration). I didn't install Sonic Studio (and it didn't install automatically) because I wasn't interested in either of those apps, but the Nahimic service still runs unless manually disabled. I set it disabled and haven't looked back.

I had previously tried the 8666 and 8668 standalone packages, but could not get them to work correctly. Audio output seemed to be decent (crackle issue notwithstanding), but I could not get the microphone input to work. It showed as plugged in, but always had an error that the device could not be opened if I tried to record.

I considered perhaps trying an old version of HDA drivers, but I think I am going to hold out for Windows 19 and see if it works better.

FWIW, there is a long thread in the mobo forum devoted to the B350-F
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-GAMING-issues
    I’m using 2x16GB Corsair ram. The part number is in my profile (its CMR32GX4M2D3000C16 ). The last ones where 4 sticks of old Corsair ram that had a BSOD on a BSOD if used with rated ram speeds. These work quite well with 3000MHz manual settings. It passed all aida/realbench etc tests but sometimes it freezes on idle (ok, it has frozen about 2 times in 3 months). After I tried drivers from this forum thread, I haven’t had a freeze since. Will see how it goes.
    It is just strange that the official Asus B350 support page doesn’t have newer audio drivers available and these drivers, in this thread, are shared from external links.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Guitarmageddon888 PC Specs
    Guitarmageddon888 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus x code bios1704
    Memory (part number)8700k 5.1/4.9avx
    Graphics Card #1MSI 2080 gaming trio
    MonitorHP Omen 27"
    Storage #1Samsung 970 m.2
    Storage #2Samsung 860 evo
    CPU CoolerH150i
    CaseLian li pc011
    Power SupplyEvga supernova g3 850w
    Keyboard Corsair k70
    OS Windows 10

Asus can't be bothered to update as quickly as they should, plus there are several new realtek drivers per month with never any release notes. Those with access to the realtek ftp share them and post places like here, ten forums, station drivers etc.

ROG Enthusiast Array olimpiubogatean PC Specs
    olimpiubogatean PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus X Code / Z170 PRO GAMING
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8086K / Intel Core i7 6700K
    Memory (part number)Kingston HyperX KHX3000C15D4 16GB
    Graphics Card #1MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X 8GB
    Graphics Card #2Drive #4 - ST1000DM010-2EP102 (931 GB)
    Graphics Card #3Drive #3 - ST1000DX002-2DV162 (931 GB)
    Graphics Card #4Drive #5 - INTEL SSDPEKKW128G7 (119 GB)
    MonitorDell UltraSharp U2515H (MiniDP)
    Storage #1Drive #1 - ST2000DX002-2DV164 (1863 GB)
    Storage #2Drive #2 - KINGSTON SUV400S37120G (111 GB)
    CPU CoolerCooler CPU Enermax Liqmax II 240
    CaseCarcasa Thermaltake Versa U21
    Power SupplySeasonic G Series 650W
    OS Windows10 Pro
    Network RouterLINKSYS WRT1900ACS V2 firmware OpenWrt

I think i found a problem in the latest Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS Nahimic + Sonic Studio III integration) - latest version drivers: 6.0.1.8668, when I lower the sound volume to 0 from the windows and immediately return to a higher volume, the sound has a delay considerable!
    Last edited by olimpiubogatean; 04-09-2019 at 10:47 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array morpwr PC Specs
    morpwr PC Specs
    Motherboardmaximus x hero
    Processori8700k
    Memory (part number)corsair dominator 32gb
    Graphics Card #1asus gtx1080ti
    Monitor27 inch/vr
    Storage #1samsung 850 pro ssd
    Storage #2samsung 950 ssd
    CPU Coolerthermaltake flo360
    Casecooler master x71
    Power Supplyevga 850w
    Keyboard corsair k65
    Mouse corsair m65
    OS windows 10 64bit

Anyone having problems with sonic studio opening after this update? It just opens and shuts now.

ROG Enthusiast Array olimpiubogatean PC Specs
    olimpiubogatean PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus X Code / Z170 PRO GAMING
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8086K / Intel Core i7 6700K
    Memory (part number)Kingston HyperX KHX3000C15D4 16GB
    Graphics Card #1MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X 8GB
    Graphics Card #2Drive #4 - ST1000DM010-2EP102 (931 GB)
    Graphics Card #3Drive #3 - ST1000DX002-2DV162 (931 GB)
    Graphics Card #4Drive #5 - INTEL SSDPEKKW128G7 (119 GB)
    MonitorDell UltraSharp U2515H (MiniDP)
    Storage #1Drive #1 - ST2000DX002-2DV164 (1863 GB)
    Storage #2Drive #2 - KINGSTON SUV400S37120G (111 GB)
    CPU CoolerCooler CPU Enermax Liqmax II 240
    CaseCarcasa Thermaltake Versa U21
    Power SupplySeasonic G Series 650W
    OS Windows10 Pro
    Network RouterLINKSYS WRT1900ACS V2 firmware OpenWrt

Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    Anyone having problems with sonic studio opening after this update? It just opens and shuts now.
    I have no problem with the latest version of drive.

ROG Junior Member Array Jim Hurley PC Specs
    Jim Hurley PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi)
    ProcessorCore i9-9900K 5.1GHz
    Memory (part number)F4-4000C18-8GTZKW (32GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1Intel Optane 905P 960 GB
    Storage #2Samsung 970 EVO 2 TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R radiator + several auxiliary fans
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos C700M
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Corsair K70
    Mouse Razer Basilisk
    Headset Stax Lambda Pro
    Mouse Pad 3M Precise
    Headset/Speakers Creative Technology Sound BlasterX Kratos S5
    OS Windows 10 Pro version 1809 build 117763.437
    Network RouterBGW210-700
    Accessory #1 2x Seagate Barracuda Pro 8TB hard drives

RTHDASIO64 sample rate incorrect

The latest ASIO driver (which is rather old) in the 8687 WHQL driver package only seems to want to run at 44.1 kHz.
    The hardware upsamples OK to 48kHz, but this still is not right. 48kHz and other timings should be available.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RTHDASIO64-sample-rate-mismatch.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	402.2 KB 
ID:	79994
    Jim Hurley

Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast