Page 27 of 80 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast

Thread: Deleted

ROG Member Array Ev3rgreen PC Specs
    Ev3rgreen PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero (non-wifi)
    ProcessorRyzen 5 1600x @4Ghz (BLCK 102Mhz)
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX @ 3400Mhz
    Graphics Card #1KFA2 GTX 1060 6GB EXOC +185 core/+800 mem
    MonitorACER K222HQL & Samsung SyncMaster 743b
    Storage #11x Toshiba A100 SSD (128gb, boot drive), 1x Samsung 840 EVO (512gb)
    Storage #22x Seagate Barracuda 2Tb 7200rpm
    CPU CoolerBeQuiet! Dark Rock 3
    CaseCoolerMaster Mastercase pro 5
    Power SupplyCorsair RMx 650w 80+ Gold
    Keyboard Spirit of Gamer Pro K-5
    Mouse Spirit of Gamer ELITE M-20
    Headset AUSDOM M06
    Mouse Pad Ozone Ground Level S
    OS Win 10 64-bits Family/Various Linux distro in Live boot
    Accessory #1 A brain :D
    Accessory #2 X360 Controller

Hello everyone

I have a C6H (BIOS 6401) with a R5 1600x and 2x8 of G.Skill FlareX 3200Mhz and since day one (which means almost 2 years!) I have two issues:

The first is that when using a USB audio interface along with any guitar amp simulation or FL Studio, audio cracks starts to appear way faster than with my previous Asrock Killer A88X mobo paired with a Athlon 880k and 2x4Gb of 1600Mhz RAM - it only takes about 2 or 3 minutes. This makes my current rig unusable for any sort of audio recording.

The second is that, like many people using a C6H it seems, I get audio dropouts, cracks, clicks whenever I watch a video on Youtube. I use VLC media player for music and movies and don't have any issues. I don't think that issue was present when I built the system (around September 2017), but it's kinda like a dead pixel: once you've spotted it, you can't ignore it anymore.

I thoroughly followed the instructions, and made a clean install of the Realtek driver. Regardless of which drivers I use or if I use the MSI utility or not, it's still the same. I like the SupremeFX control panel (its amplification features are great) and it's the only thing I want, I don't care for Sonic Studio or Sonic Radar.

I'm really out of ideas here and I'm starting to think that it may be a hardware issue, present on almost every C6H it seems. And I don't think I can RMA the board anymore...

Thanks MoKiChu for your efforts, but this is supposed to be ASUS's job. I'm really, really disappointed...
    "It's not a bug, it's a feature" - Windows 10 dev team

Ev3rgreen PC Specs
    Headset AUSDOM M06

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

Can you try to disable Fast Startup (Windows) ?

How to disable Fast Startup : Press the Windows key on your keyboard > Type in "Control Panel" > Press Enter > Follows this ASUS tutorial for the rest of the indications : https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1031533
    Fast startup is disabled, sorry I forgot to mention it. I disabled hibernate mode, so it's not present in the control panel and supposed to be off if hibernate is off, but just to be sure I disabled it through regedit. I'm thinking about using the default MS drivers, but the sound is quite different to me and lacks the amplification features :/.
    Thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated
    I'm going to try to uninstall the UAD driver, using your uninstall procedure, and install audio drivers from the CD that came with the board. I'll try anything and everything I can think of and post my results here.

EDIT: I'm using the generic HD Audio Driver from Microsoft, and I get those cracks as well. I'll try other browsers (currently using Opera) and try to move the cache file.

EDIT #2: tried Firefox and Chrome. Tried moving cache to different HDDs and SSDs. Tried enabling, disabling, moving, resizing pagefile. The issue is still present.
    Last edited by Ev3rgreen; 02-11-2019 at 11:49 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Guitarmageddon888 PC Specs
    Guitarmageddon888 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus x code bios1704
    Memory (part number)8700k 5.1/4.9avx
    Graphics Card #1MSI 2080 gaming trio
    MonitorHP Omen 27"
    Storage #1Samsung 970 m.2
    Storage #2Samsung 860 evo
    CPU CoolerH150i
    CaseLian li pc011
    Power SupplyEvga supernova g3 850w
    Keyboard Corsair k70
    OS Windows 10

Are you using WASAPI by chance? I ran into it being finnicky when experimenting with jriver and allowing apps to take exclusive mode

Ev3rgreen PC Specs
    Headset AUSDOM M06

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarmageddon888 View Post
    Are you using WASAPI by chance? I ran into it being finnicky when experimenting with jriver and allowing apps to take exclusive mode
    Please excuse my ignorance but I'm not sure what WASAPI is exactly, driver level stuff confuse me quite a bit. I understand that, when using Guitar Rig 5 or FL Studio I can choose between the ASIO4ALL drivers, which is my go-to since forever and gives me some cracks after 2-3 minutes regardless of the ASIO buffer size, WASAPI, and Realtek ASIO. WASAPI never worked for me, it has dropouts immediately.
    So you're suspecting my system may be using WASAPI? Thanks a lot for your answer

UPDATE: I disabled Win auto driver installation, uninstalled all audio devices in Device Manager, used Driver store explorer following OP's procedure, clean the reg using Ccleaner, reboot, installed UAD with Nahimic V6.0.1.8507 0925 and the crakcs have yet to show up when watching Youtube. It seems like the Nvidia Virtual Audio driver was the culprit - even though I never install NV audio driver AND disable audio-over-HDMI in the NVCP.
    Still needs more testing, but as for now I can watch a 2h long 1080p60 YT video without huge random cracks.

I'll update this post as needed, I don't wanna be the guy who hijacks a thread for himself. And thanks again for the drivers, quick and on-point answers!

ROG Member Array

In the device manager I see 2 x high definition audio devices. Do I need to manually install the realtek drivers to both devices or just one?

I do not need sonic nor the other realtek audio app.

ROG Junior Member Array

Hello.
    I have a Maximus VIII Ranger.
    I've tried to install the driver from the first post, but, It won't install.
    What do I have to download?
    I have been fighting to get the UAD drivers for a week now.

I also need DDL 5.1/DTS 5.1 via Optical.
    Please, enlight me!

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by MerolaC2029; 02-15-2019 at 03:53 AM.

ROG Member Array

I don't have sound at all after install. 370-F Gaming.

New ROGer Array

These are no good.

Quote Originally Posted by piotrl View Post
    I don't have sound at all after install. 370-F Gaming.
    Same here, the first set of drivers are shot. I tried installing multiple times. they install fine, just you get no audio and some apps say you don't have an audio card.

the second link that adds SonicStudio Integration works. Z390 XI Code.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi,

You have to use HDA drivers (FF00 / Standalone tutorial) : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...HD-Audio-(HDA)

The first link (UAD - ASUS Nahimic / Without NahimicService) is for the case Realtek HD Audio Drivers with Realtek Audio Control Only (Standalone), and in this case, if you follow scrupulously the tutorial of the first post of this thread, you will see that to have sound, there is something to do, only during the first installation (and yet, it is written in red in the tutorial so that you do not miss out) : Launch Realtek Audio Console then check the box "Disable all sound effects" in your "Playback Devices".

The second link (UAD - ASUS Nahimic + Sonic Studio III integration / With NahimicService) is for the case Realtek HD Audio Drivers with Realtek Audio Control + Sonic III Studio with Sonic Studio Link & Sonic Radar III, and in this case, this box should not be checked.
    I never had to check disable all sound effects before to get sound, using the sound test in the audio console volume output is extremely low to where it use to be but all other sounds seem to be ok

edit: using the drivers in the second link i am able to uncheck disable all sound effects and the speak test volume returns to normal
    Last edited by rckrz6; 02-17-2019 at 04:00 PM.

ROG Junior Member Array

Hi,

You have to use HDA drivers (FF00 / Standalone tutorial) : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...HD-Audio-(HDA)
    MoKiChu, thank you so much.
    I will try it.

Also, what about 5.1 over optical? Will I get that or do I have to install/mod something?

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by MerolaC2029; 02-18-2019 at 03:13 AM.

Page 27 of 80 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast