cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
929 REPLIES 929

mrvortep
Level 8
Hi there, thanks for posting this.

When I updated the Maximus X Hero drivers posted a week or so ago, it killed my Sonic Studio and Radar programs. I uninstalled them given they weren't working.

What do I actually gain by reinstalling them? ie, what do Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar do that the Realtek app doesn't do?

Nate152
Hi mrvortep

Sonic Radar helps you detect enemies but in some cases has been known to be detected as a cheat and could possibly get you banned so I don't use it.

Sonic Studio is nice to have as you can adjust the effects and adjust the equalizer for your own personal sound preference.

What I'd try is uninstalling the Realtek driver, run CCleaner to clean the registry then install the latest Realtek driver that supports sonic radar and sonic studio.

Try version 6.0.1.8339

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

Nate152 wrote:
Hi mrvortep

Sonic Radar helps you detect enemies but in some cases has been known to be detected as a cheat and could possibly get you banned so I don't use it.

Sonic Studio is nice to have as you can adjust the effects and adjust the equalizer for your own personal sound preference.

What I'd try is uninstalling the Realtek driver, run CCleaner to clean the registry then install the latest Realtek driver that supports sonic radar and sonic studio.

Try version 6.0.1.8339

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

These will work with z270? or only with z370
Learn, Play Enjoy!

mrvortep
Level 8
Thanks Nate. Based on your descriptions, doesn't sound like I really need Radar and Studio (I'm no audiophile), so I'll just stick with the Realtek drivers that were on the Asus support page. Appreciate the explanation, thanks a lot!

MoKiChU
Level 40

This Guide on Getting the UAD version worked great. I installed the legacy version a few days ago and then you showed me this. A few things I like compared to legacy.

1. In Realtek Audio Console you can now Give Headphone Impedance Sensing which is great.
2. In sonic studioIII you can Now Link HDMI audio so now my Speakers get a little bump up. Not that it really needed it but hey it cool.
3. UAD version of SSIII seems to see and find Programs and Games installed way better than legacy version.
4. Automatic Updates 😃

Questions does this mean It wont work or is this somthing with sonic studio? I got this update about a hour after installed UAD Realtek and SS3 appx
Link To MS Update Thread
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ScopedViewInline.aspx?updateid=49b03aef-051f-42e9-ba9d-74c6...

Does Realtek UAD update by iteself to? I remeber reading you said about updates then you need to update the first app we installed to get the UAD drivers.

MoKiChU
Level 40

copy that, ether update or clean install??????

MoKiChU wrote:
You just have to pick up your UAD drivers here, and all the rest will update automatically.

The drivers that are on the link that propose Nate152 are HDA drivers (traditional), the drivers that I propose are UAD drivers (new generation), one like the other are compatible Z270. If you are on Windows 10 64 bit 1709 or more recent I advise you to install UAD (new generation) by following the instructions of the first post of this thread.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

I can confirm it works fine on B350-F