Power SupplyEVGA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Deck 87 Francium PRO - MX Brown DS PBT
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Mouse Pad Steeseries QCK
    Headset/Speakers CREATIVE T5900 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903
    Accessory #1 iPhone SE Space Grey
    Accessory #2 EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass PWM + CoolstreamPE 360
    Accessory #3 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3 (radiator)

When you are impatience only could make some mistake.
    Competition of ROG is not so good to force me to gave up from ROG Motherboard.
    And they are not guilty, that's it, ROG mobo are best and others can't do nothing about that.
    They are not fault. No way to ASUS wait 2019 for their motherboard.
    They need to avaialble for Christmas or even Black Friday.

I only could say Maximus X Apex was nicer, but I don't know how smart is buying Z370, Z390 have sure some innovation.
    Except if price is really cool. Example I have available Apex but Rampage for 250 euro, but buying i9-9820X is completely other story.
    With such price I would not for sure use newer if ASUS launch if i9-9820X work for sure.
    And Rampage Apex is nicest Apex.

Simply that board amazed me, PCB Layout, configuration, color, heatsink shape, everything show nice motherboard.
    Definitely is visible lower price point than RVIE but not much, it's high class as well.

ROG Guru: Elusive Ronin Array SinisterDev85 PC Specs
    SinisterDev85 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Vi Hero
    ProcessorIntel i7 4790k @ 4.8ghz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident X 16GB F3-2400C10D-16GTX
    Graphics Card #1MSI 970 GTX 4GD5T OC
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorSamsung JU6500 UHD TV
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo SSD x2
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water 3.0 360mm
    CaseThermaltake Core V51
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNova G2 750w
    Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
    Mouse Evga Torq 10 carbon
    Mouse Pad Steel Series
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterAsus Rt-AC3100

Im really hoping that the XI Apex releases soon, because I want to build our new PC with that motherboard. Im kinda disappointed with the regular Hero XI and its new 4(yes 4) phase vrm design... The Apex looks much better for overclocking.

I built my last PC on the Hero VIII Alpha and I absolutely love it! No complaints there. That PC is still running strong, but our old Hero VI rig just died and my wife needs a new PC so we can keep gaming together! I really don't want to wait until next year to build the new rig for her, and despite my disappointment with the Hero XI, I really don't want to change brands and build on a different motherboard. I've been an ROG fan for a long time, and I prefer to stick with their boards as the heart of my builds. I'll stand by Asus through the good and the bad.
    ASUS ROG Maximus 8 Hero Alpha | Intel i5 6600k @4.7ghz | G. Skill Trident Z 16gb @ 3499mhz | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512gb | ASUS Strix GTX 1070 OC | EVGA Supernova G2 1300w | Windows 10 Pro x64

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hope it gets released before the year ends. I definitely would love to build a new PC on holidays

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterDev85 View Post
    Im really hoping that the XI Apex releases soon, because I want to build our new PC with that motherboard. Im kinda disappointed with the regular Hero XI and its new 4(yes 4) phase vrm design... The Apex looks much better for overclocking.

I built my last PC on the Hero VIII Alpha and I absolutely love it! No complaints there. That PC is still running strong, but our old Hero VI rig just died and my wife needs a new PC so we can keep gaming together! I really don't want to wait until next year to build the new rig for her, and despite my disappointment with the Hero XI, I really don't want to change brands and build on a different motherboard. I've been an ROG fan for a long time, and I prefer to stick with their boards as the heart of my builds. I'll stand by Asus through the good and the bad.

Apex will be better on the memory side due to the DRAM topology and 2 slot design, however, on the CPU side the other SKU are perfectly capable. Cooling will become an issue before power delivery comes into the equation.

I have a XI Formula in my personal system at home which is perfectly happy @ 5.1GHz on all cores / 1.41v and 4000MHz on the memory side with all slots populated.

SinisterDev85 PC Specs
    Sound CardOnboard
    CaseThermaltake Core V51
    Mouse Pad Steel Series
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Ooo nice! The Formula boards have always interested me. Ive longed to do an open loop cooling setup for years now, but can never seem to fit it in the budget. Closest I could get to something like that would probably be one of EKWB's new expandable AIO's. I mean, Im kinda disappointed in Asus's decision for VRM's on the Hero XI, but maybe im just nitpicking? Im sure if i picked up a 9700k, it would probably perform well enough in the board. After all Im not trying to break any records lol. I just enjoy overclocking and wanted a moderately powerful gaming rig.

I managed to snatch up a Strix 1080ti at an unbelievable price thanks to some savvy online shopping, but it still consumed a good portion of my budget. I found a nice 16gb CL14 Trident Z kit on an amazing sale as well, and now i have about $1k I can spend between Motherboard, CPU, Nvme SSD, a case and whatever other accessories I need for the build. Possibly a few good fans. Its going to be tough to squeeze that all in. Ill likely end up going slightly over budget as it is. Luckily, I already have a brandy new H150i rgb that I didn't have to pay for, thanks to Corsair CS and some issues I had with my old H110i GTX,so that'll have to be my cooling solution for this build.
    ASUS ROG Maximus 8 Hero Alpha | Intel i5 6600k @4.7ghz | G. Skill Trident Z 16gb @ 3499mhz | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512gb | ASUS Strix GTX 1070 OC | EVGA Supernova G2 1300w | Windows 10 Pro x64

SinisterDev85 PC Specs
    Sound CardOnboard
    CaseThermaltake Core V51
    Mouse Pad Steel Series
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Does anyone have an idea of what the XI Apex will cost? Or a ballpark estimate of when itll release? Because I really need to start assembling a new PC soon, and I got my eyes on it! Just need cpu and mobo. Don't wanna be without a pc for too long, but im trying to be patient.

ROG Enthusiast Array OldMike65 PC Specs
    OldMike65 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG MAXIMUS Apex X
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 8700K @5.0GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZ 3200MHz 14-14-14-34-1T
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 1080Ti FTW3
    Sound CardRealTek
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27 inch
    Storage #1Samsung 860 PRO M.2 - 512GB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H115i RGB PLATINUM
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo Special Edition
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 80+ PLATINUM
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
    Mouse Logitech MX Master - Wireless
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk X4S AC2600

Does anyone have an idea of what the XI Apex will cost? Or a ballpark estimate of when itll release? Because I really need to start assembling a new PC soon, and I got my eyes on it! Just need cpu and mobo. Don't wanna be without a pc for too long, but im trying to be patient.
    It will cost More then the XI Formula which goes for almost 500.00 us dollars. So the Apex XI will be over that easy.

SinisterDev85 PC Specs
    Sound CardOnboard
    CaseThermaltake Core V51
    Mouse Pad Steel Series
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Wow really?! More than the Formula?! I thought the Apex boards were sorta like a rebranding of the Alpha? My Hero8 Alpha was only a little bit more expensive than the regular 8. Ill be disappointed if its going to be that expensive. Definitely can't fit that in my budget. Hrrm.. Not sure what to do if that's really goin to be the case. As much as it pains me to say it, the Hero XI just doesn't seem worth it to me for the price this time, and i really don't wanna build on another brand's unfamiliar mobo either. *sigh*

I can't seem to find any of the new ROG boards in stock anywhere, aside from the Hero XI.
    When i look up the older Hero IX and X Apex boards, they're only about $250. Usually the uber-premium boards like the Formula or Extreme still sell for nearly as much as they did when they came out... Which, based on the older Apex board prices, leads me to believe that the Hero XI Apex isn't going to be more expensive than the Formula. Unless of course Asus is changing the Apex vastly from its predecessors...
    Last edited by SinisterDev85; 11-09-2018 at 01:34 AM.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Don't have a date but do not think the Apex will cost more than the Extreme or the Formula but who can say what the retail prices will end up to be with any certainty.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array OldMike65 PC Specs
    OldMike65 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG MAXIMUS Apex X
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 8700K @5.0GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZ 3200MHz 14-14-14-34-1T
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 1080Ti FTW3
    Sound CardRealTek
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27 inch
    Storage #1Samsung 860 PRO M.2 - 512GB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H115i RGB PLATINUM
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo Special Edition
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 80+ PLATINUM
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
    Mouse Logitech MX Master - Wireless
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk X4S AC2600

Wow really?! More than the Formula?! I thought the Apex boards were sorta like a rebranding of the Alpha? My Hero8 Alpha was only a little bit more expensive than the regular 8. Ill be disappointed if its going to be that expensive. Definitely can't fit that in my budget. Hrrm.. Not sure what to do if that's really goin to be the case. As much as it pains me to say it, the Hero XI just doesn't seem worth it to me for the price this time, and i really don't wanna build on another brand's unfamiliar mobo either. *sigh*

I can't seem to find any of the new ROG boards in stock anywhere, aside from the Hero XI.
    When i look up the older Hero IX and X Apex boards, they're only about $250. Usually the uber-premium boards like the Formula or Extreme still sell for nearly as much as they did when they came out... Which, based on the older Apex board prices, leads me to believe that the Hero XI Apex isn't going to be more expensive than the Formula. Unless of course Asus is changing the Apex vastly from its predecessors...
    When I bought my Apex X last year, it cost me 350.00 and was a new release when I bought it, then after a few months the price did go down. When I bought mine at that time it was the most expensive board ASUS sold , The Maximus XI Extreme will be the 2nd highest board when it comes out later this year, prices I heard will be around 460 or higher. Looks like it will be a while before the Apex XI will be released.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast