cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuf Z370 Pro Gaming question: Fan speed control?

_H0PE_
Level 7
TLR: How can I get rid of only fan speed control of AI Suite and only use speedfan (but retain the other AI suite feature use on the app)? This is what I would like to do, because this Asus driver is terrible.

I'm having problem with my Asus Software (AI Suite or whatever it is now I didn't check it to be honest). Got TUF Z370 Pro Gaming Motherboard.
The cpu temp is jumping around like crazy I don't think this is accurately recording the temp. Its 35, next second is 45, then 29, quiet silly.
The dual fan's speed on my coolermaster cpu has different RPMs, and I have no clue why yet. Both is the same (replaced the defaults) 120 Air Pressure coolermaster fans.
And when I calibrated, it did set it up to be 100% is 2900RPMs, however when I try to raise it manually to 1800-1900 it speeds up, then goes down, then speeds up.
It's doing something silly.
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hello _HOPE_

The cpu temp jumping around is likely some processes running in the background putting a light load on your cpu. Open Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL) and check the processes to see what's putting a load on your cpu.

Erm, this is a software issue with the temp meter in AI Suite, nothing is going in the background, but I was stupid to write that down, giving 99% people the reason to think "user error".

Disregard that part please.

Lets concentrate on my main question:

Can I use speedfan without the Asus App interfeering with the fan speeds somehow?

Nate152 wrote:
Hello _HOPE_

The cpu temp jumping around is likely some processes running in the background putting a light load on your cpu. Open Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL) and check the processes to see what's putting a load on your cpu.

_H0PE_
Level 7
So yesterday I've checked the setup of speedfan.
I was able to separately nicely and with constant speed manage cpu fans (both of them separately), and pc case fans. Had no issues with them, they stayed on the actual % where I set them. Both CPU fan was working on their actual speed.

On Asus Fan Expert the two cpu fan cannot be properly controlled with the given %. Somehow one cpu fan alsways stays around 1000RPM. Not sure why. Also I noticed that again when I set fan speed to like 70-100%, for some reason they start slowing down, speeding up. I've tried recalibrating but it just did the same thing again.
Again, speedfan didn't do this, fan stayed where they supposed to on % wise.

My only concern that I would like to see the pump as well in speedfan, still have to figure out how to do it.