Storage #1Samsung 850 evo
    Storage #2Seagate barracuda
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseCorsair 400q
    Power SupplyCorsair tx750m
    Headset Asus rog strix pro
    OS Win 10

Rog Strix fusion 500 noise from left side

I bought my fusion 500 headset a week ago and when i plug them i noticed that from the left side(the touch panel side) there will ever be a metallic noise. So i decide to RMA and today i recive a new pair but the problem will persist. I already test them on different usb port and different PCs. Is this a common problem or am i the most unfortunate person in the word?
    i7-7700k
    Strix z270e
    Hyper x predator 3200mhz 2x8gb
    Strix gtx 1060 6gb oc
    Corsair h115i
    Corsair tx750m

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Does this persist at all times, or only specific games or software?
    Have you tried different USB cables?

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Does this persist at all times, or only specific games or software?
    Have you tried different USB cables?
    I have the same problem with my Fusion 700 connected with usb and also left ear cup heats up after some time of using. It presists all the time and only via usb.

Quote Originally Posted by maksi_s View Post
    I have the same problem with my Fusion 700 connected with usb and also left ear cup heats up after some time of using. It presists all the time and only via usb.
    We will investigate, so far I cannot discern any noise from my 700 or 500 but more tests will be done. When you say the ear cup heats up, how warm does it get and where is it warm (inside or outside the earcup)?
    * After 3 hours, my 700 does not heat up at all, perhaps you need to send your headset in for RMA at an ASUS Service Center.

When you say only via USB, do you mean there won't be noise and heat when connected via Bluetooth?
    Last edited by MasterC@ASUS; 10-16-2018 at 05:50 AM.

ROG Junior Member Array

We will investigate, so far I cannot discern any noise from my 700 or 500 but more tests will be done. When you say the ear cup heats up, how warm does it get and where is it warm (inside or outside the earcup)?
    * After 3 hours, my 700 does not heat up at all, perhaps you need to send your headset in for RMA at an ASUS Service Center.

When you say only via USB, do you mean there won't be noise and heat when connected via Bluetooth?
    Yes there are no noise and heating when i using them via BT, so i think it is some problem with USB, i will go the Service Center this week, just decided to let you know that this kind of problem exists.
    I can't say concrete temperature but it is felt and inside (warm enough the i can feel it with my ear) the ear cup and outside (i can feel it if i touch it).

Quote Originally Posted by maksi_s View Post
    Yes there are no noise and heating when i using them via BT, so i think it is some problem with USB, i will go the Service Center this week, just decided to let you know that this kind of problem exists.
    I can't say concrete temperature but it is felt and inside (warm enough the i can feel it with my ear) the ear cup and outside (i can feel it if i touch it).
    Thanks for reporting your issue, I have informed the team so tests can be performed. If issues persist after RMA, let us know.

ROG Junior Member Array

Thanks for reporting your issue, I have informed the team so tests can be performed. If issues persist after RMA, let us know.
    I am already doing the 2nd RMA for this model with the same issue =_=