cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Strix fusion 500 noise from left side

StriX97
Level 7
I bought my fusion 500 headset a week ago and when i plug them i noticed that from the left side(the touch panel side) there will ever be a metallic noise. So i decide to RMA and today i recive a new pair but the problem will persist. I already test them on different usb port and different PCs. Is this a common problem or am i the most unfortunate person in the word?
i7-7700k
Strix z270e
Hyper x predator 3200mhz 2x8gb
Strix gtx 1060 6gb oc
Corsair h115i
Corsair tx750m
9 REPLIES 9

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Does this persist at all times, or only specific games or software?
Have you tried different USB cables?

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Does this persist at all times, or only specific games or software?
Have you tried different USB cables?

I have the same problem with my Fusion 700 connected with usb and also left ear cup heats up after some time of using. It presists all the time and only via usb.

maksi_s wrote:
I have the same problem with my Fusion 700 connected with usb and also left ear cup heats up after some time of using. It presists all the time and only via usb.

We will investigate, so far I cannot discern any noise from my 700 or 500 but more tests will be done. When you say the ear cup heats up, how warm does it get and where is it warm (inside or outside the earcup)?
* After 3 hours, my 700 does not heat up at all, perhaps you need to send your headset in for RMA at an ASUS Service Center.

When you say only via USB, do you mean there won't be noise and heat when connected via Bluetooth?

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
We will investigate, so far I cannot discern any noise from my 700 or 500 but more tests will be done. When you say the ear cup heats up, how warm does it get and where is it warm (inside or outside the earcup)?
* After 3 hours, my 700 does not heat up at all, perhaps you need to send your headset in for RMA at an ASUS Service Center.

When you say only via USB, do you mean there won't be noise and heat when connected via Bluetooth?

Yes there are no noise and heating when i using them via BT, so i think it is some problem with USB, i will go the Service Center this week, just decided to let you know that this kind of problem exists.
I can't say concrete temperature but it is felt and inside (warm enough the i can feel it with my ear) the ear cup and outside (i can feel it if i touch it).

maksi_s wrote:
Yes there are no noise and heating when i using them via BT, so i think it is some problem with USB, i will go the Service Center this week, just decided to let you know that this kind of problem exists.
I can't say concrete temperature but it is felt and inside (warm enough the i can feel it with my ear) the ear cup and outside (i can feel it if i touch it).

Thanks for reporting your issue, I have informed the team so tests can be performed. If issues persist after RMA, let us know.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Thanks for reporting your issue, I have informed the team so tests can be performed. If issues persist after RMA, let us know.

I am already doing the 2nd RMA for this model with the same issue =_=

maksi_s wrote:
I am already doing the 2nd RMA for this model with the same issue =_=

Have you had any solutions? I have that same problem

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Have you guys already tried the headset on different PCs, consoles, and USB ports to verify the same result?

I had to rma my fusion 500 because it bricked itself. I was sent a new fusion 500 which also bricked itself in the same exact way. both pair started to distort sound before bricking. both times both fusion 500 bricked I was in game chat & my chat group members all heard the bricking happen in real time. I have 4 sets of ear pads for fusion 500 yet no working fusion 500 to attach them to.

Why am I unable to rma the 2nd pair?

any help @ MasterC@ASUS ?