cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RGB Not working on strix z370E

sage_lee
Level 7
I have seen the multitude of posts regarding this issue on the x99 boards. But no so much in regards to the strix z370.

But its basically the same problem. RGB lights on the mobo, and controller stopped working. Only my ram works and is controllable through aura.

I've tried every solution listed (including elmor's fix) and alas nothing. (maybe I didn't follow the instructions properly)

is there a different fix for these boards?

I know they "work" as if I turn off the power supply and flip it back on they light up white for about half a second.

specs:
Strix z370E
G.Skillz trident z 3200mhz RGB

windows reinstalled.
latest bios. no aura installed yet (but just uninstalled it )

Thanks. (also I've tried searching for better results before posting. Not much. Talked to Asus support. Nothing there other than RMA. BUT I KNOW that is not a true solution)
4 REPLIES 4

cl-Adrian
Level 8
sage_lee wrote:
I have seen the multitude of posts regarding this issue on the x99 boards. But no so much in regards to the strix z370.

But its basically the same problem. RGB lights on the mobo, and controller stopped working. Only my ram works and is controllable through aura.

I've tried every solution listed (including elmor's fix) and alas nothing. (maybe I didn't follow the instructions properly)

is there a different fix for these boards?

I know they "work" as if I turn off the power supply and flip it back on they light up white for about half a second.

specs:
Strix z370E
G.Skillz trident z 3200mhz RGB

windows reinstalled.
latest bios. no aura installed yet (but just uninstalled it )

Thanks. (also I've tried searching for better results before posting. Not much. Talked to Asus support. Nothing there other than RMA. BUT I KNOW that is not a true solution)

Try clear your CMOS and check if you have any other applications that control RGBs. You can also check your settings in your BIOS to see if Aura is disabled.

I've done that. Literally everything. No programs controlling RGB installed. Redone CMOS, no aura. etc

Did you solve the issue? I'm facing the exact same problem

AnonGhost
Level 11
same problem but no solutions 😞
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?120710-HELP-ME-with-RGB-on-motherboard
MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370E - GAMING
CPU: INTEL CORE I5 - 8600K
CPU COOLER: Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 TT Premium Edition
GPU: ASUS STRIX GEFORCE GTX 970 OC
RAM: 16GB - 2x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600MHz CL18-22-22-42 1.35V
16GB (2x8GB)
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 850W 80+ GOLD