Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Junior Member Array

I'm having the same issue. I have an ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E motherboard with an 8700k and was noticing CPU usage was 20%+ at idle. I ended up narrowing it down to the Lighting Service... Service. After restarting the service, it would go down to a more level, but soon spike back up. Disabling it completely would get my idle loads down to 0-1%. For a completely unrelated reason, I ended up with a fresh install of Windows 10 with the same issue right off the bat. I now have the Lighting Service disabled. Not sure if this matters or not, but I also have G.Skill Trident Z RGB memory and a Cooler Master air cooler with addressable RGB. I haven't done any testing beyond the fresh install and determining what my usage cause was.

New ROGer Array Kuroford PC Specs
    Kuroford PC Specs
    MotherboardZ370M-Pro4
    Processori5-8400
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z
    Graphics Card #11060 ROG Strix
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorAcer 75Hz
    Storage #1970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerAcer OEM by Cooler Master
    CaseNZXT S340
    Power SupplySeasonic 600HM
    Keyboard Logitech G Pro
    Mouse Logitech G Pro
    Headset Corsair HS60
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM200
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterDraytek 2920, Xiaomi Router Pro

Asus Release Lighting Control 1.07.17 Beta, it's ok with me now. Old version can't OFF RGB 1060 ROG + GSkill Trident Z same time.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Yeah all the dynamic lighting modes use a significant amount of CPU. On my overclocked 9900K @ 5.1GHz it uses around 6% CPU constantly. It's just enough to prevent my CPU from downclocking and downvolting very far, if at all. I expect some CPU usage given that it needs to communicate with the lights a bunch of times each second, but this seems excessive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2