cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Formula CrossChill - do I need water?

Ingvarr100th
Level 7
Hi
Like topic, do I need to use or fill CrossChill water block? I'm going to buy Maximus XI Formula or Extreme.
I'm not planning use custom water solution. For CPU I alredy bought Corsair H150i AiO and I have ROG Strix 1080 Ti which it doesn't have water block.
Should I sell H150i and make custom water loop? Or just wait for Maximus XI Extreme?
13 REPLIES 13

Nate152
Hi Ingvarr100th

Nope, you don't need to connect a water loop to the crosschill block, it can be used with air or water.

Thanks.
And it should be filled with water when there's no custom loop?

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Ingvarr100th

Nope, you don't need to connect a water loop to the crosschill block, it can be used with air or water.

Hi.
With air you mean the CPU air cooler?

PR

pmfr01 wrote:
Hi.
With air you mean the CPU air cooler?

PR

I think he simply means have others have stated, dry or wet (in a loop, do not fill otherwise).

Either method is fine.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Menthol
Level 14
No it does not need to be filled with water

Vlada011
Level 10
It's little stupid investing in Formula without water cooling when Apex, Code, Hero and Gene are available.

I special liked Maximus X Apex and Rampage VI Apex. More than XI Apex.
Rampage VI Apex is even available for me for very nice price, but I can't afford now new i9-9820X when show up.
Can't wait to see i9-9820X.

Vlada011 wrote:
It's little stupid investing in Formula without water cooling when Apex, Code, Hero and Gene are available.

I special liked Maximus X Apex and Rampage VI Apex. More than XI Apex.
Rampage VI Apex is even available for me for very nice price, but I can't afford now new i9-9820X when show up.
Can't wait to see i9-9820X.

i dont agree at all , i need 5gbit connection and only formula and extreme as it.. my home fiber is going 2gbit soon 😉
so im waiting for one of them to come in stock

MRBULL wrote:
i dont agree at all , i need 5gbit connection and only formula and extreme as it.. my home fiber is going 2gbit soon 😉
so im waiting for one of them to come in stock

i call hacks on that connection 😞
just be shure you have switch/switches that can handle 10gig that (or what ever) you gona connect from modem and to other devices that you can utilise the speed.