Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    96
    Posts
    1,492

    ROG Centurion MCU2.2/DSP2.4 - Modified firmware with crossover & downmix

    Due to the feedback received from forum users, we have created a modified firmware to:
    1. Dramatically boost the volume of side and rear surround channels (Gunfire & Footsteps profiles)
    2. Rerouted and increased bass from surround channels to the subwoofer channel. (Gunfire profile)
    3. Allow stereo mode for speakers connected to the audio station.
    4. Fixed OCP (over-current protection) issue after reboot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Centurion -New Beta.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	76225

    Download is available in the ROG Forum only.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t3...WCgCCdf5Kqxo8x

    If anyone wishes to revert back to the official versions:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FE...oG35t3v-M6tcAq

    Suggested 7.1 surround sound games to test:
    Unreal Tournament Pre-Alpha
    Far Cry 5
    Last edited by MasterC@ASUS; 12-07-2018 at 06:36 AM.

  2. #2
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    17

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Due to the feedback received from forum users, we have created a modified firmware to:
    1. Dramatically boost the volume of side and rear surround channels (Gunfire & Footsteps profiles)
    2. Rerouted and increased bass from surround channels to the subwoofer channel. (Gunfire profile)
    3. Allow stereo mode for speakers connected to the audio station.
    4. Fixed OCP (over-current protection) issue after reboot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Centurion -New Beta.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	76225

    Download is available in the ROG Forum only.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t3...WCgCCdf5Kqxo8x

    Suggested 7.1 surround sound games to test:
    Unreal Tournament Pre-Alpha
    Far Cry 5
    Hi,

    I downloaded this file but it fails to update?

    Edit: Fixed. You must download all three items and place them in the same folder before running the exe.
    Last edited by quattroboy; 10-12-2018 at 12:09 PM.

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Hello,

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	76275


    The sliders should be all the way to the right?
    What is the difference from change profiles from the software sonic studio or the base station, the footsteps and gunfire profiles are only changeable in the base station?
    Last edited by eric010; 10-13-2018 at 01:51 PM.

  4. #4
    Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    96
    Posts
    1,492

    Quote Originally Posted by eric010 View Post
    Hello,

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	76275


    The sliders should be all the way to the right?
    What is the difference from change profiles from the software sonic studio or the base station, the footsteps and gunfire profiles are only changeable in the base station?
    Only the footsteps and gunfire profiles have been updated in this firmware, the other two remain the same. Sonic Studio allows you to control the audio station, it doesn't matter how or where you change the settings (Sonic Studio or audio station) - there's no difference.

    The new profiles were tuned when the volume for all channels were level.
    No need to turn the main volume to max if all channels are at full volume - probably too loud.

  5. #5
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    I dont know how to install it

    Well, I am new here and I really need some help about installing new software for my ASUS ROG Centurion headset. It will be great if someone that know can help me with that... If u have discord, add me: Markec99#6433

    Thanks forward...

  6. #6
    Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    96
    Posts
    1,492

    Quote Originally Posted by markec872 View Post
    Well, I am new here and I really need some help about installing new software for my ASUS ROG Centurion headset. It will be great if someone that know can help me with that... If u have discord, add me: Markec99#6433

    Thanks forward...
    You can download the driver package from the official support site which includes Sonic Studio for the Centurion:
    https://www.asus.com/us/Headphones-H...Desk_Download/

    If you want to flash this custom firmware, please download, unzip, and run the file "ROG71_MCU2.2_DSP2.4_beta1.exe" (with the headset connected of course). You can do this after installing the driver package.

  7. #7
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    i want to use my soundbar wit the headset but i cant get any sound when i use a HDMI between them

  8. #8
    Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    96
    Posts
    1,492

    Quote Originally Posted by gottis View Post
    i want to use my soundbar wit the headset but i cant get any sound when i use a HDMI between them
    Soundbars and home theater receivers will not work with the Audio Station. The HDMI port is only for use with the bundled adapter (proprietary pin arrangement).

  9. #9
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Due to the feedback received from forum users, we have created a modified firmware to:
    1. Dramatically boost the volume of side and rear surround channels (Gunfire & Footsteps profiles)
    2. Rerouted and increased bass from surround channels to the subwoofer channel. (Gunfire profile)
    3. Allow stereo mode for speakers connected to the audio station.
    4. Fixed OCP (over-current protection) issue after reboot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Centurion -New Beta.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	76225

    Download is available in the ROG Forum only.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t3...WCgCCdf5Kqxo8x

    Suggested 7.1 surround sound games to test:
    Unreal Tournament Pre-Alpha
    Far Cry 5


    Thank you! now the headset is perfect!

  10. #10
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Due to the feedback received from forum users, we have created a modified firmware to:
    1. Dramatically boost the volume of side and rear surround channels (Gunfire & Footsteps profiles)
    2. Rerouted and increased bass from surround channels to the subwoofer channel. (Gunfire profile)
    3. Allow stereo mode for speakers connected to the audio station.
    4. Fixed OCP (over-current protection) issue after reboot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Centurion -New Beta.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	76225

    Download is available in the ROG Forum only.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t3...WCgCCdf5Kqxo8x

    Suggested 7.1 surround sound games to test:
    Unreal Tournament Pre-Alpha
    Far Cry 5
    Yeeeeeaaaah... that's not what I wanted. You see, turning off true 7.1 and changing it to what ever you changed with adding some sound to rear and sides (which by the way is still "tin can" but with higher volume) isn't a proper fixing. Is it really what your "experts" could achieve for 1 year of fixing? Because you see for THAT price I want to have a true 7.1 which has SAME quality sound from ALL sides. So when I listen to Olesya from Vermintide 2 it wouldn't sound like she quickly run away from me when I turn my back to her and then quickly run back to me when I turn to see her beautiful face, or when I play Overwatch and I hear that Reinhardt (or some one else big and scary) is coming behind me with intention to sign an autograph on my chest with his hammer, I would think that he is far away from me and I just need to turn around and shoot him, AND when I do turn around I would have mixed feelings of satisfaction (that I'll die in the most glorious hand to hand combat) and dissatisfaction (that no one will ever recognise my body or face and I'll never have a good looking statue of me)

    So PLEASE ASUS make the most logical thing in this situation. MAKE THIS HEADPHONES WORTH OF THEIR PRICE! One year is TOO long to fix the issue that MUSTN'T have been in the first place.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •