cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Centurion MCU2.2/DSP2.4 - Modified firmware with crossover & downmix

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Due to the feedback received from forum users, we have created a modified firmware to:
1. Dramatically boost the volume of side and rear surround channels (Gunfire & Footsteps profiles)
2. Rerouted and increased bass from surround channels to the subwoofer channel. (Gunfire profile)
3. Allow stereo mode for speakers connected to the audio station.
4. Fixed OCP (over-current protection) issue after reboot.

Download is available in the ROG Forum only.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t3WDkmsxPdmILpejNBWCgCCdf5Kqxo8x

If anyone wishes to revert back to the official versions:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FE8DNtCuuEjcTLwe5xoG35t3v-M6tcAq

Suggested 7.1 surround sound games to test:
Unreal Tournament Pre-Alpha
Far Cry 5

quattroboy
Level 7
MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Due to the feedback received from forum users, we have created a modified firmware to:
1. Dramatically boost the volume of side and rear surround channels (Gunfire & Footsteps profiles)
2. Rerouted and increased bass from surround channels to the subwoofer channel. (Gunfire profile)

Far Cry 5

Hi,

I downloaded this file but it fails to update?

Edit: Fixed. You must download all three items and place them in the same folder before running the exe. 🙂

eric010
Level 7
Hello,

The sliders should be all the way to the right?
What is the difference from change profiles from the software sonic studio or the base station, the footsteps and gunfire profiles are only changeable in the base station?

eric010 wrote:
Hello,

The sliders should be all the way to the right?
What is the difference from change profiles from the software sonic studio or the base station, the footsteps and gunfire profiles are only changeable in the base station?

Only the footsteps and gunfire profiles have been updated in this firmware, the other two remain the same. Sonic Studio allows you to control the audio station, it doesn't matter how or where you change the settings (Sonic Studio or audio station) - there's no difference.

The new profiles were tuned when the volume for all channels were level.
No need to turn the main volume to max if all channels are at full volume - probably too loud.

Well, I am new here and I really need some help about installing new software for my ASUS ROG Centurion headset. It will be great if someone that know can help me with that... If u have discord, add me: Markec99#6433

Thanks forward...

markec872 wrote:
Well, I am new here and I really need some help about installing new software for my ASUS ROG Centurion headset. It will be great if someone that know can help me with that... If u have discord, add me: Markec99#6433

Thanks forward...

You can download the driver package from the official support site which includes Sonic Studio for the Centurion:
https://www.asus.com/us/Headphones-Headsets/ROG-Centurion/HelpDesk_Download/

If you want to flash this custom firmware, please download, unzip, and run the file "ROG71_MCU2.2_DSP2.4_beta1.exe" (with the headset connected of course). You can do this after installing the driver package.

gottis
Level 7
i want to use my soundbar wit the headset but i cant get any sound when i use a HDMI between them

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
gottis wrote:
i want to use my soundbar wit the headset but i cant get any sound when i use a HDMI between them

Soundbars and home theater receivers will not work with the Audio Station. The HDMI port is only for use with the bundled adapter (proprietary pin arrangement).

614NoTalLaMa
Level 7
MasterC@ASUS wrote:

Far Cry 5

Thank you! now the headset is perfect!

Cookie8
Level 7
MasterC@ASUS wrote:

Far Cry 5

Yeeeeeaaaah... that's not what I wanted. You see, turning off true 7.1 and changing it to what ever you changed with adding some sound to rear and sides (which by the way is still "tin can" but with higher volume) isn't a proper fixing. Is it really what your "experts" could achieve for 1 year of fixing? Because you see for THAT price I want to have a true 7.1 which has SAME quality sound from ALL sides. So when I listen to Olesya from Vermintide 2 it wouldn't sound like she quickly run away from me when I turn my back to her and then quickly run back to me when I turn to see her beautiful face, or when I play Overwatch and I hear that Reinhardt (or some one else big and scary) is coming behind me with intention to sign an autograph on my chest with his hammer, I would think that he is far away from me and I just need to turn around and shoot him, AND when I do turn around I would have mixed feelings of satisfaction (that I'll die in the most glorious hand to hand combat) and dissatisfaction (that no one will ever recognise my body or face and I'll never have a good looking statue of me)

So PLEASE ASUS make the most logical thing in this situation. MAKE THIS HEADPHONES WORTH OF THEIR PRICE! One year is TOO long to fix the issue that MUSTN'T have been in the first place.