Views:	0 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	76403
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181021_110957.jpg 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	76404
    Now please look at those 2....I just wanted an answer for the specific rtx2080ti strix, what I have in my photo is maximus viii formula with a strix 1080ti and the logo just doesn't get covered at all...maybe a very vary small portion of its upper right line...so not every gpu covers the logo...has anyone got any strix card in his hands with a z390 rog motherboard to check it out with a photo??
    Thanks a lot

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by barrettusa View Post
    This is my first build for many years (pre-LED) and I also thought it odd that so much effort is made to put something right under the GFX card. Not sure if it helps but this is my XI code with 2080ti.
    Attachment 76397
    This is a 2.7 slot card?

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Vlada011 PC Specs
    Vlada011 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V E10 (BIOS 1903)
    ProcessorIntel®i7-5820K (4.5GHz 1.325V)
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M4A2666C15
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon
    Sound CardSound Blaster ZxR
    MonitorSamsung P2450H
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB/WD Black 2TB
    CPU CoolerEK RGB Monoblock RVE10
    CaseLian Li PC-O11 WXC
    Power SupplyEVGA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Deck 87 Francium PRO - MX Brown DS PBT
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Mouse Pad Steeseries QCK
    Headset/Speakers CREATIVE T5900 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903
    Accessory #1 iPhone SE Space Grey
    Accessory #2 EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass PWM + CoolstreamPE 360
    Accessory #3 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3 (radiator)

I dream ASUS should show ROG RTX2080Ti Poseidon and soon should show some teaser. Actually it's not real dream, only during sleeping that idea was on my mind.
    I don't know but combination ASUS Formula and Poseidon look different and really attactive compare to ordinary watercooling you can see every day.
    But that doesn't mean that I don't like flat EK waterblocks and backplate.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Or can someone measure this distance? Either on formula or.code I guess it will be the same.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181021_131655.jpg 
Size:	928.1 KB 
ID:	76407

It's a pity that if you use a good gpu you.lose all that fancy rog log.plus the rgb cover
    Even if you choose to use a riser pci cable to mount it vertically you ll lose the lcd display… does anyone have any idea of a clever mounting?
    Last edited by pamarakos; 10-21-2018 at 10:19 AM.

ROG Member Array

still waiting. its monday, i really thought id see some movement today

looks like my 9900k preorder wont be shipping anytime soon either. seems Intel can't get their stuff together. Asus unable to keep flagship motherboard in stock, Intel sold 50,000 preorders for 9900K and doesn;t have the supply for all the orders. It's easier to get your hands on a 2080 Ti than it is to get a formula or 9900k (box, not tray) .. guess i picked the wrong generation to upgrade

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

If you're in a hurry, I'd honestly consider getting a tray CPU. Availability is going to depend on the region. Boards are in stock at UK retailers at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by pamarakos View Post
    Or can someone measure this distance? Either on formula or.code I guess it will be the same.

It's a pity that if you use a good gpu you.lose all that fancy rog log.plus the rgb cover
    Even if you choose to use a riser pci cable to mount it vertically you ll lose the lcd display… does anyone have any idea of a clever mounting?
    It's a 4 slot spacing, so 60mm

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ASUS View Post
    It's a 4 slot spacing, so 60mm
    So if I take from asus website that height of the strix 2080ti is 5.41mm, rog logo is.completely covered…

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ASUS View Post
    If you're in a hurry, I'd honestly consider getting a tray CPU. Availability is going to depend on the region. Boards are in stock at UK retailers at the moment.
    CPU is fine, my preorder was placed and it will arrive when amazon gets the CPUs (Newegg is getting theirs on 26 Oct, Amazon likely similar). Motherboard is a different story. I have seen every SKU in the the ROG Maximus XI lineup in stock multiple times on Newegg and Amazon. The XI Code is available right now (it has come in stock 3 times so far in the last few days). the Formula. however, has yet to come in stock at all. I use https://visualping.io/ and nowinstock.net to track products very reliably.. and can say with confidence that the Formula has not been made available at any of the major US retailers since before the 'preorder' period came to an end

The Code and Formula are basically the same board.. aside for the 5G LAN and the EK waterblock. So something is clearly holding up the production of the formula, I suspect it's the water block, EK is [probably swamped right now, since they recently launched several completely new product lines in addition to having to make all new blocks for the 20-series graphics cards. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if EK was backed up and unable to make sufficient quantities of parts needed for the Formula.

As soon as in-stock notification happens, my order will be placed. But no telling when, if ever, that will be. There have been generations where very few quantity were produced/released and they were never found again (happened a few times over the years with the Extreme)

Yes, Formula has the extra entity so production is always somewhat slower. I've seen a few users with them now, so hopefully stock is starting to flow (no pun intended). I'm not in a position to give you any promises on when you can expect it based on region, but hopefully won't be too long for you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast