cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rtx2080ti on Maximus XI formula or code

pamarakos
Level 7
Hi all
Thinking of upgrading my maximus viii formula, 6700k, 1080ti oc strix to the new maximus xi, i9-9900k with rtx2080ti strix
My question is if the rtx since it's a bit "taller" than the 1080 will cover the motherboard's logo
On the viii the 1080 covered only the little upper part of the rog logo, now on this new set, maybe it covers half of it? Does anyone have any clue? I ve got my setup on a core p5 desk-like pc style, so it's going to be ugly, this is why I m asking.
Thanks
P.s. Only one pci express x1 slot on both of these models and placed on the top too?!?!? Why Asus? Can I install my sound card on a pci-express slot supposed to be for a 2nd gpu?
22 REPLIES 22

shaqattaq
Level 7
I’m interested in this ine too. I’m planning an upgrade and like the XI Code. The geometry troubles me though

michaelrw10
Level 7
well, im not even sure that the formula exists. I havent seen it in stock or available for preorder since shortly after the launch announcement was made. Ive got alerts set up on newegg, b&h and amazon .. so as soon as it becomes available (if ever) I will grab one. Newegg just got a huge shipment of XI Code motherboards, so we're moving in the right direction. maybe there is some delay with getting the waterblocks from EK ..
ASUS Support told me that the extreme should be released sometime in the next few months, but not sure when. Maybe I should ask about the formula

michaelrw10 wrote:
well, im not even sure that the formula exists. I havent seen it in stock or available for preorder since shortly after the launch announcement was made. Ive got alerts set up on newegg, b&h and amazon .. so as soon as it becomes available (if ever) I will grab one. Newegg just got a huge shipment of XI Code motherboards, so we're moving in the right direction. maybe there is some delay with getting the waterblocks from EK ..
ASUS Support told me that the extreme should be released sometime in the next few months, but not sure when. Maybe I should ask about the formula

Hi, it definitely exists. Have one in a build now. Any two slot cooler (not just 2.7) will obscure the logo when using 16_1 slot. Depending on your enclosure you can use risers with vertical mounts in order to best display the board.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Hi, it definitely exists. Have one in a build now. Any two slot cooler (not just 2.7) will obscure the logo when using 16_1 slot. Depending on your enclosure you can use risers with vertical mounts in order to best display the board.

Where did you order yours from

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
The Formula is aimed more at watercooled rigs. With single slot cards, it's not really an issue.

Looks nice,looks really similar to what mine will look like. i have my vector block already here and 2080ti, 9900k is ordered (no telling when it will actually arrive), and im replacing all my old soft tubing with hard line. also gotr a new EK velocity.
The last thing I need to order is the Formula. But i cannot find it anywhere. Newegg got a shipment of Code yesterday, I almost bought one, but I really want the formula. Where did you order yours from? (the only reason i didnt order the formula on day 1 is bc i thought the Extreme would be available but seems it wont be released for a few months)

michaelrw10 wrote:
Where did you order yours from

Looks nice,looks really similar to what mine will look like. i have my vector block already here and 2080ti, 9900k is ordered (no telling when it will actually arrive), and im replacing all my old soft tubing with hard line. also gotr a new EK velocity.
The last thing I need to order is the Formula. But i cannot find it anywhere. Newegg got a shipment of Code yesterday, I almost bought one, but I really want the formula. Where did you order yours from? (the only reason i didnt order the formula on day 1 is bc i thought the Extreme would be available but seems it wont be released for a few months)

Plenty of tray CPU in stock in the UK currently, I have one coming tomorrow, hopefully. Formula is a sample, but stock should be landing soon.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Plenty of tray CPU in stock in the UK currently, I have one coming tomorrow, hopefully. Formula is a sample, but stock should be landing soon.

ah yes i didnt see the @ASUS in your name. makes sense youve got a sample. i got a sample once upon a time .. the maximus vi extreme.. just the board not any of the other fun stuff that came with it.. but i digress.

yes i thought about a tray cpu, but would be nice to have the first unique box ever made by intel (imo) and also tray chips have lower warranty. also if i have a terrible bin, ill want to sell it and get another, i think selling a box chip will be easier

Yeah i hope youre right about stock landing soon. i should receive notification to my phone as soon as one of the major retailers has it in stock. so as long as im not asleep when that happens, i should get one.

Vlada011
Level 10
Maximus XI Formula exist and shine.
Answer on this depend of budget and decision for cooling.
I don't see reason to someone buy formula and install H115i PRO RGB.

But Maximus XI Code could be great option if someone want even watercooling with some RGB or non RGB CPU Block.
Even VRM is not so hot on Z390 as TR4 and X299. But VRM on Formula is probably even cooler than with Monoblocks, Monoblock is easier and less complicate.

For every air cooling PC or AIO system recommend CODE.
On Formula you pay VRM and you should use him. In previous years I notice special nice build of Maximus Formula + Poseidon GPU's.
Than you need only CPU Block. Same as someone decide to buy watercooling kits this is pre-installed option.

You don't need to pick parts if you are beginner and compare option.
Formula + Poseidon + EK RGB 360 kit is whole watercooling system in pair with best loops.
You only need optional drain valve and for easier replacing coolant.

barrettusa
Level 7
pamarakos wrote:
Hi all
Thinking of upgrading my maximus viii formula, 6700k, 1080ti oc strix to the new maximus xi, i9-9900k with rtx2080ti strix
My question is if the rtx since it's a bit "taller" than the 1080 will cover the motherboard's logo
On the viii the 1080 covered only the little upper part of the rog logo, now on this new set, maybe it covers half of it? Does anyone have any clue? I ve got my setup on a core p5 desk-like pc style, so it's going to be ugly, this is why I m asking.
Thanks
P.s. Only one pci express x1 slot on both of these models and placed on the top too?!?!? Why Asus? Can I install my sound card on a pci-express slot supposed to be for a 2nd gpu?

This is my first build for many years (pre-LED) and I also thought it odd that so much effort is made to put something right under the GFX card. Not sure if it helps but this is my XI code with 2080ti.

barrettusa wrote:
This is my first build for many years (pre-LED) and I also thought it odd that so much effort is made to put something right under the GFX card. Not sure if it helps but this is my XI code with 2080ti.

This is a 2.7 slot card?