cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus RTX 2080 Ti Turbo

Antrix
Level 7
Hi all! In past month i've bought Asus RTX 2080 Ti Turbo and i have few questions about it. Fist of all i want to say - i don't planning to overclock it not now or in future (in case if someone wants to say that this card is not suitable for overclocking). But! In some games GPU load at 100% and temp is about 83-84C. Is this ok for this card? It will not damage the gpu after few hours of gaming?
20 REPLIES 20

Nate152
Hello Antrix

83c-84c won't damage your gpu, it will throttle clock speed and voltage to protect itself.

You can install GPU Tweak II version 1.8.6.0 and set a fan curve or set the fan speed manually.

Click the link below and select your operating system.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GPUTweak%20II/HelpDesk_Download/

Antrix
Level 7
So i can safely play the game at 84c and not worry? The fact is that this high temp is not in all games. For example, some heavy specs games do not heat the card to 75 degrees, and some (Pathfinder for example) heat my card to 84c with 100% gpu load in the main menu. Anyway, thank you for your answer!

Menthol
Level 14
Like Nate says it should not hurt your card it will throttle down but heat is the enemy of all electronics, installing the GPU app and setting a fan curve to start fans at a lower temperature will lower temps inside your case for all your components and may extend life of your expensive GPU and other components

Nate152
Yes you can safely play at 84c, maximum temp stated by Nvidia for the 2080 Ti is 89c.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/rtx-2080-ti/

I'd still install GPU tweak II and set a fan curve to keep temps down.

Antrix
Level 7
Sure, i will install it.

Nate152
Ok, let us know how temps are after setting a fan curve.

If you need help with it just say so.

Nate152 wrote:
Ok, let us know how temps are after setting a fan curve.

If you need help with it just say so.

What curve line you can recommend?

Nate152
It's your preference, you can play around with it until you find a good temp to noise level.

Try it at 70c and see what the noise level is like.

Antrix
Level 7
Well, user define (curve) mode doesn't working and there is no difference with any settings. Maybe im doing something wrong. But, manual mode works well and temp was decreased from 84c to 77c on 60% fan speed. It will be very cool if i can figure out why the curve doesn't work.