CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyPC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool 1200w
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G500
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

This is for the Strix 1070 but it's basically the same.

Does this get the fan curve working ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fan curve.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	415.8 KB 
ID:	76260

ROG Member Array Antrix PC Specs
    Antrix PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus X Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Kingston DDR4 3600 32 Gb
    Graphics Card #1Asus RTX 2080 Ti Turbo
    MonitorAsus ROG PG279Q
    Storage #1Kingston HyperX Savage 480 Gb
    Storage #2Kingston HyperX Savage 960 Gb
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken x72
    CaseNZXT Noctis 450 ROG Gun Gray
    Power SupplyChieftec Proton BDF-1000C (1000W)
    Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore
    Mouse Asus ROG Spatha Wireless
    Headset Asus ROG Centurion 7.1
    Mouse Pad Asus ROG Whetstone
    Headset/Speakers Sony Playstation Platinum Wireless
    OS Windows 10 x64 Professional
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC86U

Nate152
    On custom profile curves settings works well! Especially with settings like on screenshot. Problem is solved! Thank you very much!

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB 3000MHz 15-15-15-35-1T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyPC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool 1200w
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G500
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Awesome !

Just to let you know, you can gain about 10 FPS in games from overclocking your 2080 Ti, it's super easy and safe.

If you've never done it before you should give it a try, it's something fun to play with and it's free performance. Overclocking on pascal didn't affect temps much, I'm not sure how it is with Turing or your 2080 Ti Turbo.

Sound like something to test ?

New ROGer Array

Hello ! Asus RTX 2080 Ti Turbo video card - In the fan operation, I hear sharp jumps from high to low speed (for 2 seconds) and back to high. This happens not in idle time, but under load. Does not depend on temperature. And at 70 degrees and 80 degrees it happens. Tell me please, is this normal or do I need to contact the service center?
    Last edited by AlexandrAV; 12-09-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandrAV View Post
    Hello ! Asus RTX 2080 Ti Turbo video card - In the fan operation, I hear sharp jumps from high to low speed (for 2 seconds) and back to high. This happens not in idle time, but under load. Does not depend on temperature. And at 70 degrees and 80 degrees it happens. Tell me please, is this normal or do I need to contact the service center?
    Have you adjuted the fan curve at all? Slight contradicition in your post as you're saying it does not depend on temperature, then stating it happens between 70-80 degrees.

New ROGer Array

Temperature curve corrected (here is a screenshot). Thank ! No, it does not depend on temperature. I had an Asus 1080 Ti turbo. Fan operated smoothly. Cooler gained momentum under load - and slowed down when the GPU was not loaded. ASUS 2080 Ti turbo - does not work smoothly. Periodically, you can hear the cooler abruptly dropping speed and just as sharply gaining momentum again. Moreover, the GPU is always loaded at 80-100%. This is [Auger, as if Cooler's power contact is moving for two seconds.

New ROGer Array

Dear forum participants, those of you who bought the ASUS RTX 2080 TI TURBO video card - please respond! Help please find the answer to one question: My video card works fine. But I observe, from time to time, such a feature: Its fan turns off for one or two seconds (not in idle time, but under load). Then - again, sharply gaining momentum. This is determined only by the sound (noise). The temperature does not grow at the same time. I don’t understand - does the fan really turn off for a short time, or is this sound a fan transition from mode to mode in operation? Do you hear that? Tell me please.

New ROGer Array

That isn't the issue, the GPU is keeping cool just fine (73 degrees C under load) it's the intermittent lowering of the fans RPM no matter what curve/setting the fan is on. Whilst playing Assassins Creed Odyssey for example the tems don't go above 73, the fan will runn at a steady pace but then for no reason it cuts out, dropping the rpm and making a noticable noise change which is annoying me at the minute.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Have you adjusted the fan curve with GPU Tweak? Sorry, your response above isn't clear and I see no screenshot attached.

Make sure not to have multiple polling tools open such as Afterburner / GPU Tweak at the same time, as this can sometimes cause erratic fan behavior.

ROG Junior Member Array IcePanther's Avatar

Hi,

Sorry to resurrect thread but I've got the same problem with fan spinning down and immediately up under load on a RTX 2080 Ti Turbo. Tested with default fan profile, and a custom one at fixed speed (55%) under GPU Tweak II.
    It happens only under sustained load, fan profile (default, custom as specified above) and monitoring tool (none, HWInfo64, GPU Tweak II) make no difference. GPU frequency/load don't seem to be impacted either, and there is no stutter or whatever in game. Just the fan "restarting".

No monitoring tool shows any difference in temperature, Fan RPM or fan PWM when this occurs, even when setting the polling frequency as fast as possible (1 second). Software-wise, it seems all is well, still it can happen several times during the course of a few minutes.

I didn't find any post referencing the issue except this very one and one over at nvidia, but no solutions were given to either user.

Any progress on this ? To me it looks like a firmware (at best)/hardware (at worst) defect, but seeing it isn't an isolated case, I wonder if this is even a design issue, or just defective units.

@AlexandrAV, did you find a solution to this problem ?
    Last edited by IcePanther; 02-03-2019 at 07:24 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast