cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Formula Q-fan in UEFI

bitman
Level 10
Hi I came across a forum thread that is old about 2 years ago. It was saying that you can only use the GPU temperature source to control my GPU radiator fans only if I have a Asus graphics card no matter if I use Fan expert 4 or the UEFI. Does anyone know if this has been fixed so we can read a third party GPU’s temperature to control the radiator fans in the UEFI with the GPU temperature source. I haven’t build my new system yet and I’m going to watercooling my Nvidia RTX 2080Ti and want to control the radiator fans in the UEFI. I have in the past used a cable made by EKWB that I could connect to the GPU and run my radiator fans with MSI afterburner using a Swiftech 8 way Sata powered splitter and it works great have it running on a Sli GTX 1080 build. The problem is the Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti has an multiple connector that has the fans and lighting wires all running through this connector. I talked to EKWB about weather they are going to make a cable to work with the new Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti and at this time they aren’t planning on making one. So to make sure everyone knows what my question is again does anyone know if the GPU temperature source in the UEFI has been updated to work with third party GPU’s yet or is Asus still being a dick about only letting this source work with ASUS graphic cards?? If they haven’t updated it does anyone have a idea how I can control my GPU loop radiator fans? I thought maybe using a tee in the loop after the GPU and before the radiator with a temperature probe to read the coolant temperature hooked to one of the external temperature headers but I’m not sure if that a good idea as the GPU temperature and the coolant temperature are entirely two different things. Will a probe still work ok? * Thank you for any insight to my problem * Bitman*
1 REPLY 1

bitman
Level 10
Hi everyone my post has over 70 views and not one reply. Come one doesn’t someone have any info to help me out? WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS???? I would try it myself but I don’t have the motherboard yet and I’m trying to get a handle on what I’m going to need for my new build. *PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME A HINT OF INFORMATION 1!