cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharpest/Clearest 2D Monitors - Doesn't Have To Be Asus!

SlackROG
Level 10
I'd love to find a monitor that has the crystal clear clarity of like an iPad or an amoled screen on a phone.

Right now I have a BENQ with an IPS, not a very high end panel.

Are there any monitors out there with the crystal clear clarity of like an iPad or an amoled screen on a phone?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152
Hi SlackROG

Look at some 4k monitors.

Of course there are different size 4k monitors, the smaller the monitor at the same resolution the higher the pixel density which = better picture.

SlackROG
Level 10
Hey Nate152...

So only 4K monitors have this clarity?

What about 2K?

For the moment, there are so many choices, drives a person crazy to pick between all of them. I just figure for now to go with something cheap to get a feel, like the BenQ PD2500Q

https://www.benq.com/en/monitor/designer/pd2500q.html

I wonder if anyone has used this one?

I don't need any fast monitors, it's 60Hz and Refresh of 4ms (GtG) which is fine. I am mainly playing RPG at the moment and Point & Click. So not looking for some scream machine frag master! LOL

I also only have a 6GB GTX 1060, so I want to be able to run as MAX as possible, which I'm afraid isn't going to be happening on 4K.

Thanks

SlackROG
Level 10
Anyone else?

I really need to see about ordering something, especially the PD2500Q, if the IPS at 2K should be nice 2D?

Thanks 🙂

Nate152
A GTX 1060 will not do well at 4k resolution, the 1060 is good for 1080p and even then some games won't hit 60FPs.

Here is what you can expect with the 1060 at 1440p.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
After testing out 2K and 4K, you won't be going back to 1080p if you want detail. It's going to be incredibly difficult to run games in 4K properly, so 2K is the most sensible choice unless you intend to get a major upgrade soon.

Retired
Not applicable
Yeah, I just received my LG 43" TV, model 43UK6500MLA. Vast difference between 1440p & 1080p. Everything is just about much more clearer & sharper 🙂 Now, I'm running this under Geforce 1080Ti in SLI mode and everything is just working fine from Nvidia driver's. My refresh rate is 60Hz. I've played Fifa 19 in 4K, where I experienced major stuttering upon beginning of the match however in actual gameplay, it was a truly smooth ride :cool: With the stuttering that is entirely a different matter because it's EA's problem. I will test out DOOM in 4K today.
Anyways, GTX1060 will probably run just fine in 1440p however I don't know if you will be able to max out setting's. Have you ever thought of buying a larger screen perhaps? 🙂

SlackROG
Level 10
Sorry I didn't make anything clear in the beginning.

I do understand the Specs and where things are in regards to a GTX 1060, that is why at present I am on a 24" 1080P cause I know... 🙂 LOL

I was also not asking about going with 4K, as if I was going to stay on the 1060. I've also never even used 2K and I have not had the 1060 for very long, so there's no point in tossing it out yet... LOL

So I guess the question now, does 2K have really sharp clarity as I was talking about originally, like an iPad or mobile device/cellphone?

I guess I should of brought up 2K before, but I was just generally going on about clarity...

I also haven't really look at reviews/info on 2K and 1060. Would a 1060 really handle MAX settings and run nice on 2K, generally speaking, as in I get the idea, go up and more strain on GPU to push it, in a very simplified explaination, hehe...

Thanks