cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't detect ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING

Gensplejs
Level 7
Hi.
I have an 'ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING' Motherboard and a 'ASUS ROG STRIX GTX1080 A8G GAMING' Graphics card.
Both are detected fine and the RGB can be controlled from the Asus Aura software.
I have been attempting to control the same devices with my own software via the AURA_SDK and am having some problems.

1. Motherboard not detected
I can't find/detect the RGB controllers on the motherboard at all using the SDK. (EnumerateMbController())
The "AURA_SDK_Test" code also does not work with the motherboard at all.
Again the normal Asus Aura software works fine for this so it appears to be a SDK bug rather than a hardware issue.

2. Wrong GPU colors
Green and blue colors are flipped when i try to set the led colors for the GPU. I have checked, double checked and triple checked the code and i am at this point as sure as i can be that i am setting the correct color via the SDK. But when i set it to Green i get Blue and when i set it to Blue i get Green. Red is Red 🙂
Again the normal Asus Aura software works fine for this so it appears to be a SDK bug rather than a hardware issue.
1 REPLY 1

barak1250
Level 7
1. Run your code once as admin, for some reason it's required...

2. There's no real standard for RGB so anyone use whatever they want, your GPU is using RGB while your MB using RBG, just flip them in your code.