cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Maximus XI Gene

Abula
Level 9
Wondering if anyone on Asus can give us a ETA on the Asus ROG Maximus XI Gene, i haven't seen it on any retailers so im assuming it will be a be released later on, but an estimated ETA would be great to see when i could finish my build.
17 REPLIES 17

cl-Adrian
Level 8
Abula wrote:
Wondering if anyone on Asus can give us a ETA on the Asus ROG Maximus XI Gene, i haven't seen it on any retailers so im assuming it will be a be released later on, but an estimated ETA would be great to see when i could finish my build.

I'll double check on my end if i can get an estimated date, you'll be the first i tell.

cl-Adrian@asus wrote:
I'll double check on my end if i can get an estimated date, you'll be the first i tell.

While we wait for the date, I have a newbie question.
Does the XI Gene have a wider rear IO panel than the Z370 Strix? I'm wondering if it will affect the max size I could put for the rear exhaust fan.

gian83
Level 7
Seems its not going to be released for the US Market

gian83 wrote:
This would be very sad, and expensive to import overseas. I somewhat doubt they would not sell this on the biggest market worldwide. That said i also read the rumor about it not hitting the US.

Abula wrote:
This would be very sad, and expensive to import overseas. I somewhat doubt they would not sell this on the biggest market worldwide. That said i also read the rumor about it not hitting the US.

I don't understand why this is not available in the Usa . It's so Retarded From Asus
Anyway i asked Asus par phone and they said they will call me. After 3-4 days An Asus Representative called me and said this Board its not gonna be released for the USA Market.

Well Seems that I'm going with Asrock and AMD This time Around .

Menthol
Level 14
There are many reports of Intel chipset shortage holding up supply chains, we will have to wait for supply to catch up to demand

Rear I/O panels are standardized, you should not have any issues with the cover blocking your rear case fan

Menthol wrote:
There are many reports of Intel chipset shortage holding up supply chains, we will have to wait for supply to catch up to demand

Rear I/O panels are standardized, you should not have any issues with the cover blocking your rear case fan

How about large CPU fans like Thermalright Grand Macho / Noctua NH-D15?

gian83 wrote:

What?! Need confirmation from Asus if this is true so I'm not wasting my time.

Menthol
Level 14
It will be available soon, I cannot say if large fans on large heatsinks will interfere with I/O cover, to many variables, a good AIO cooler is a better option these days

gian83
Level 7
I just saw the reviews of the new intel i9 9900k and honestly its not worth the waiting for the z390 ROG gene and its $220 higher then the amd 2700x with very minimal improvement . i think the best option here its to wait the 29th October for amd 2920X with Windows 10 v1809, and due to the introduction of the new AMD Dynamic Local Mode that will improved gaming for the same price point of the i9 9900k but with much more lane ,cores and maybe better performance aswell.
I will wait to see but pretty much im going with AMD this time due the lack of quality MB micro atx availability .