cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOFTWARE] Sonic Studio 3 - Disable effects for front headphones output

greedyj4ck
Level 7
Hello,

Is there any possibility to disable sonic studio effects for headphones output?

I've selected option to use 2 separate audio streams for my front and rear outputs, but I cannot set two separate profiles for each output.

For example - Spotify:
I want to up-mix stereo to 5.1 for my rear output, and do not up-mix it for my headphones output, since there are noticable changes in quality while using up-mix effect on stereo headphones (like distorted high tones and stuff). Right now every time i unplugged my headphones i need to manually switch effects on in Sonic Studio.

I've tried to use "Disable all effects on this output" in my Realtek panel, but then half of games and apps cannot recognize headphones output and there is no sound at all.

Anyone got similar problem and fixed it ?

Btw. I am using newest UAD drivers for Z370-Gaming-F available on forum.
2 REPLIES 2

cl-Adrian
Level 8
greedyj4ck wrote:
Hello,

Is there any possibility to disable sonic studio effects for headphones output?

I've selected option to use 2 separate audio streams for my front and rear outputs, but I cannot set two separate profiles for each output.

For example - Spotify:
I want to up-mix stereo to 5.1 for my rear output, and do not up-mix it for my headphones output, since there are noticable changes in quality while using up-mix effect on stereo headphones (like distorted high tones and stuff). Right now every time i unplugged my headphones i need to manually switch effects on in Sonic Studio.

I've tried to use "Disable all effects on this output" in my Realtek panel, but then half of games and apps cannot recognize headphones output and there is no sound at all.

Anyone got similar problem and fixed it ?

Btw. I am using newest UAD drivers for Z370-Gaming-F available on forum.

Can you give your full system specification including your headphones. Have you tried disabling Realtek HD Manager?

cl-Adrian@asus wrote:
Can you give your full system specification including your headphones. Have you tried disabling Realtek HD Manager?

You can find them near my nickname on the left panel.

I'm using Windows 10 with October Update, UAD drivers (so there is no disabling Realtek HD Manager).

Headphones I'm using: https://www.presonus.com/products/HD7 had them bundled with my audio interface. They are plugged through front panel (3,5mm jack).

Like i said, disabling all effects on headphones output kinda work (effects are disabled), but half of applications cannot no longer see Headphones output device, so there is no sound.