cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus rog centurion 7.1

Perot
Level 7
Hi guys.

So i decided to went from kings... hyper x cloud 2 to ASUS ROG centurion 7.1.

I play mostly Rainbow Six Siege and i have few questions...

I know R6 siege does not support 7.1, does that mean that i turn off the 7.1 button on the controler?

I find the sound of ROG.. how to say.. different... on x cloud it was full.. but here.. it sounds soo... how to say.. dimmed... and when i turn around from the voices i almost do not hear steps/action/movement behind me... but if i turn facing the steps/action/movement then i hear normal...

Please if any1 have some tutorial or something how to use this proper, because i dont think this is how it should sound...
3 REPLIES 3

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
It's more convenient to leave it on 7.1 for all games. If the game does not support surround sound, stereo sound will still work anyway.

Try to find the Spectrum mode that sounds good to you.

You can download the manual from the official support page:
https://www.asus.com/us/Headphones-Headsets/ROG-Centurion/HelpDesk_Manual/

Many surround sound games can sound better with the custom firmware (try the Gunfire and Footsteps modes):
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105432-ROG-Centurion-MCU2-2-DSP2-4-Modified-firmware-with-...

Hi.

Thank you for help and links. I will try it out.

I can not say thtat i am disapointed, but the sound is different...

I can not have multiple profiles on (steps, gunfire,...)?

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Multiple Spectrum modes cannot be enabled at the same since the frequency response for each is preset. You can try personalizing the EQ and then save different profiles in Sonic Studio (download from the support page).