cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN Fusion simply not working.

kuhne
Level 8
Hi, I own a GT-AC5300. When I bought it I immediately set up VPN fusion, as I have several devices around the house that I like to be permanently connected through my VPN. The setup went swimmingly and the server connected, then I added the exceptions so that only my XBOX, my DirecTV, my Smart TV and other devices connected through the VPN while the rest of the house connects normally.

This worked well for a few weeks, then at some point I noticed that every single connection in my house was connected to the VPN, so I deleted every profile from VPN Fusion and checked to see if there was a new firmware, which there was. I installed that firmware and then set up the VPN fusion profiles again. Starting by the server, connecting to it, then adding the exceptions one by one.

The problem still occurred. Every single device in my house connects to the VPN in VPN fusion, regardless if it is in the exception list or not. I am not entirely sure what to do.

I tried support and they are obviously clueless. After a steady stream of emails giving tips like "update your firmware!" I had enough and decided to make an account here and try something else.

Thanks for everything.
10 REPLIES 10

MrAtoz
Level 8
kuhne wrote:
Hi, I own a GT-AC5300. When I bought it I immediately set up VPN fusion, as I have several devices around the house that I like to be permanently connected through my VPN. The setup went swimmingly and the server connected, then I added the exceptions so that only my XBOX, my DirecTV, my Smart TV and other devices connected through the VPN while the rest of the house connects normally.

This worked well for a few weeks, then at some point I noticed that every single connection in my house was connected to the VPN, so I deleted every profile from VPN Fusion and checked to see if there was a new firmware, which there was. I installed that firmware and then set up the VPN fusion profiles again. Starting by the server, connecting to it, then adding the exceptions one by one.

The problem still occurred. Every single device in my house connects to the VPN in VPN fusion, regardless if it is in the exception list or not. I am not entirely sure what to do.

I tried support and they are obviously clueless. After a steady stream of emails giving tips like "update your firmware!" I had enough and decided to make an account here and try something else.

Thanks for everything.

The very same thing has happened to me. I followed the instructions to downgrade to the last known firmware that worked with Fusion. Two weeks ago all connections started to go through the VPN. Had to turn it off and use the software that comes with my VPN on the devices that support it.

MrAtoz
Level 8
OK, I just deleted my VPN Fusion server and exception profiles. I then turned the ROG off and unplugged it for one minute. Rebooted and added my Fusion server entry and exception for a Mac Mini. The Mini sees the Fusion VPN and all else is regular. I don't know why it works, but from reading many entries on Fusion, you have to delete all entries, reboot and then renter the Fusion settings. I'm still running Firmware 3.0.0.4.384_20648 I may try this with the latest firmware to see if it works.

Thank both of you so much.

Could I bother you in explaining to me which firmware is the one that still works with fusion and where I can download it and downgrade?

Also, where is the setting to reboot the router? I think I forgot between so many options

Thanks!

Anyone got any info on this?

I went to the support section and saw there were 3 firmware updates, I downloaded the oldest one possible (from July) and updated my router with it and VPN fusion still doesn't work, so I am not sure if I need an even older firmware or what but I don't know where to get it.

Thanks

yeh i did the same thing you did kuhne and does not work at all i even tried the beta build as well found it on the forum here but would not even download if you are hoping for it to even work.. some say if you go with nord vpn it works fine. i even went for a 7 day trial and seen if it worked and let me tell you it worked better the only issue is that they only do open vpn and they dont supply you with the configs for there streaming IP addresses. im with express vpn and i just want to be able to just have my xbox watch US netflix and such fourth when i dont want to game then go on my CA ip when i need to game onlne for an open NAT. im hoping that somebody in the asus department gets this buggy vpn fusion garbage fixed it clearly does not support all vpn providers and it gets confused with its routing or something, cause ive also noticed in the log that after like a minute it says no response from the server address and it literally keeps trying to ping the address to stay connected even though it just connected to the server.. so if anyone has any suggestions to get this vpn fusion working that would be great ive also heard that there was a firmware version that did work with vpn fusion but i cant seem to find it anywhere as of now.

kmjsmith wrote:
yeh i did the same thing you did kuhne and does not work at all i even tried the beta build as well found it on the forum here but would not even download if you are hoping for it to even work.. some say if you go with nord vpn it works fine. i even went for a 7 day trial and seen if it worked and let me tell you it worked better the only issue is that they only do open vpn and they dont supply you with the configs for there streaming IP addresses. im with express vpn and i just want to be able to just have my xbox watch US netflix and such fourth when i dont want to game then go on my CA ip when i need to game onlne for an open NAT. im hoping that somebody in the asus department gets this buggy vpn fusion garbage fixed it clearly does not support all vpn providers and it gets confused with its routing or something, cause ive also noticed in the log that after like a minute it says no response from the server address and it literally keeps trying to ping the address to stay connected even though it just connected to the server.. so if anyone has any suggestions to get this vpn fusion working that would be great ive also heard that there was a firmware version that did work with vpn fusion but i cant seem to find it anywhere as of now.

Yeah its pretty annoying, I cannot find an older version that works with it!*

kuhne wrote:
Anyone got any info on this?

I went to the support section and saw there were 3 firmware updates, I downloaded the oldest one possible (from July) and updated my router with it and VPN fusion still doesn't work, so I am not sure if I need an even older firmware or what but I don't know where to get it.

Thanks

You'll need version 3.0.0.4.384_20648 FOR VPN FUSION TO WORK. The last 4 versions after that one do not work for me.

Madseven wrote:
You'll need version 3.0.0.4.384_20648 FOR VPN FUSION TO WORK. The last 4 versions after that one do not work for me.

Thank you so much for your message but where can I download that version? Asus only lets me download up to one that is still newer than the one you say, I do not have access to that file. Is there a site where I can download older versions?

kuhne wrote:
Thank both of you so much.

Could I bother you in explaining to me which firmware is the one that still works with fusion and where I can download it and downgrade?

Also, where is the setting to reboot the router? I think I forgot between so many options

Thanks!

top right by the language section its looks like a gear thing that goes on a bicycle. and i said on my OP i cant find the firmware that works with this vpn fusion crap im trying to look as of now...