cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Hero/Code/Formula Availability

tostitobandito
Level 7
When are these boards (Maximus XI) going to be available at Amazon or other major retailers? For the past week Newegg has been the only legit/approved retailer with them actually in stock. Is there some sort of exclusivity agreement at play here? Asking because I ordered one from Amazon 8 days ago and it's still not in stock.
7 REPLIES 7

shiromar
Level 7
I need the code, I checked everywhere and they all list it as sold out, I don't even remember them being listed. So yes when is the official release date for the code?

tostitobandito
Level 7
The Code was available at release at Newegg, but looks like it's sold out now. It's available from third parties via Newegg or Amazon for above MSRP.

My main complaint is why Newegg seems to be the only major retailer with any stock, and we're now over a week since release. If you go on Amazon and look at the Hero for example, they have it listed at $290 (MSRP) but out of stock, but three third party sellers have it available and marked up to $340-360. My only two choices shouldn't be Newegg or shady price gougers.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HCXT591

Menthol
Level 14
New hardware releases have been sketchy, Intel has been having issues with supplying enough chipsets along with CPU's so it is going to take a few months to get up to speed. Also some manufacturers are moving production to avoid tariffs, a little patience is going to be needed in building a new rig if you have specific hardware needs or wants

tostitobandito
Level 7
Update - just got an email from Amazon implying it should ship next Monday or Tuesday, so my guess is that's when we'll see other retailers get their stock.

tostitobandito wrote:
Update - just got an email from Amazon implying it should ship next Monday or Tuesday, so my guess is that's when we'll see other retailers get their stock.

Which board did you order? I ordered the XI Code and just received an email from Amazon stating it should arrive on 10-31. I also preordered the 9900k...and I'm wondering if it will arrive or just ship on Friday.

tostitobandito
Level 7
I ordered the Hero. My email said delivery on 10/25. I noticed the Amazon page for the Hero says they'll be in stock on 10/27, so I assume that's after they fulfill any preorders they already have. Mine was ordered basically as soon as it appeared on Amazon on 10/8, so I'm probably towards the front of that line.

shiromar
Level 7
well nevermind, the code just showed up for store pick on microcenter. picking 1 up now!