cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Maximus IX Code not turning on, please help :(

flamesuponme
Level 7
So I shipped my PC from Texas to Nevada (15 days), box was bubbled wrapped and everything and just starting putting my computer together again. When I plug in the power cord into my CPU the LEDs on my mobo turn on but when I push the power button nothing happens. So I tried to short the pins on the bottom of my mobo and nothing happens. I push the start button on the top right, nothing happens. I tried resetting my CMOS and bios, taking out the button cell battery, taking out my GPU and RAM, unplugging the 24pin and plugging it back in, and plugging the PSU straight into the wall outlet, nothing. Power is coming through the USB ports, I honestly don't think that the computer got damaged in any way while it was being shipped here because the glass on my case (Corsair 570X) wasn't damaged at all. Somebody please help 😞

SPECS:
MOBO: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX CODE
CPU: NTEL CORE I7 7700K
MEMORY: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB
GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOR
PSU: CORSAIR AX 1200I
COOLER: CORSAIR H100I V2
STORAGE: SAMSUNG 960 EVO 250GB
KINGSTON HYPERX 240GB
SAMSUNG EVO 850
WESTERN DIGITAL BLACK 3TB
WESTERN DIGITAL BLUE 3TB

Also miscellaneous RBG fans/led strips and controllers
All purchased within the last year.
9 REPLIES 9

Nate152
Hi flamesuponme

Welcome to the ROG forum.

What code does the motherboard led readout give when you try to start it ?

Nate152 wrote:
Hi flamesuponme

Welcome to the ROG forum.

What code does the motherboard led readout give when you try to start it ?

It doesn't even turn on at all, none of the fans spins or anything as if I never even pushed the power button.

Nate152
No code from the motherboard can be a faulty psu, motherboard or could possibly be a short somewhere.

What I'd try is booting with minimal components.

Disconnect all drives except the one with the Operating System on it.
1 stick of ram
Remove the gpu and connect to the onboard graphics
cpu
cpu cooler
psu

Make sure the 24-pin main power cable is fully seated and clicked into place, same with the 8-pin cpu power cable.

Then give it a try,

If still no code from the motherboard, take the motherboard out and set it up on the box it came in and try it as a test bench, this will rule out any possibility of a short.

Good luck, we want to see a code from the motherboard.

So I unplugged everything from my computer and ran a self test on the power supply. The LED is solid green and the fans are spinning on my power supply. I think it might be the motherboard.

flamesuponme
Level 7
Update, I only plugged in the 24pin and the computer turns on, I think I'm getting somewhere. Check back in a moment.

Nate152

flamesuponme
Level 7
SOLVED: The 24 pin connector was not plugged in all the way on my PSU. It probably got disconnected while shipping due to shaking and vibrations. Now my computer turns on and everything good to go! 🙂

Nate152

flamesuponme
Level 7
SOLVED: The 24 pin connector was not plugged in all the way on my PSU. It probably got disconnected while shipping due to shaking and vibrations. Now my computer turns on and everything good to go! 🙂