ultimazlitezjc PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G750JX-DB71
    MotherboardMobile Intel HM87 Express
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-4700HQ
    Memory (part number)16GB DDR3L SDRAM
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
    OS Windows 10 Home

G752VY - FAN always at Maximum, solved?

Suddenly My laptop's fan are always running at full speed, it is so annoying that even without load you can hear the fans. (CPU)
    Can anyone help me how to fix this one?
    Every input is much Apprciated

Suddenly it went ok upon restarting
    Last edited by ultimazlitezjc; 11-22-2016 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Added Staus

ROG Member Array

I have the same fan issues...
    I even did a fresh clean install of Windows 10.

Take a look at ...
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-Error-code-10
    and
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...dia-video-card

Is your NVidia card detected in Device Manager?
    Do you have an errors in Device Manager (code 10)?

I'm dealing with this right now...
    - Video fan running no stop
    - Nvidia card not detected...

ROG Member Array

Is your power plan set to performance? Set it to balanced, and see if that makes a difference.

ROG Enthusiast Array ultimazlitezjc PC Specs
    ultimazlitezjc PC Specs
    OS Windows 10 Home

Quote Originally Posted by msang2323 View Post
    I have the same fan issues...
    I even did a fresh clean install of Windows 10.

Take a look at ...
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-Error-code-10
    and
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...dia-video-card

Is your NVidia card detected in Device Manager?
    Do you have an errors in Device Manager (code 10)?

I'm dealing with this right now...
    - Video fan running no stop
    - Nvidia card not detected...
    I see, the fan that I'm dealing with is for the CPU

Quote Originally Posted by Indyjones View Post
    Is your power plan set to performance? Set it to balanced, and see if that makes a difference.
    haven't checked that out

Update:

Weird, when i tried restarting everything was ok now, haven't done anything but restart

Thank You for your time guys

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Windows 10 does alot of things in the background without you knowing, like updates, bloatware and 3rd party programs. This will cause alot of system usage and hence the fan noise. I used to have this problem, to solve it i purchased AVG Tune Up. It detects anything that is running in the background and lets you disable it. It will only disable the program in the background. It will run normally when it is opened.

You will not believe what i found permanently running in the background on my G752VY, some were - Real player downloader, realplayer update service, java update service, google chrome, chromium, fallout - new vegas, 7 days to die (why are games running when im not using them???), origin, mozilla maintenence service, asus giftbox, microsoft dropbox, asus usb charger plus, wps office, thunderbolt, asus live update (it updates and installs asus bloatware, i manually update all my drivers), skype, microsoft one drive, microsoft live, product updater, nvidia geforce experience.

So for me, that was about 15 junk programs running constantly when i turned on the laptop. You can view the list on Tune Up Utilities and decide for yourself what you want to disable. As of now, my laptop no longer blasts its fan randomly like last time, although an automatic windows update might cause it. I suggest purchasing avg tune up when its on Christmas sale, give them your email on the purchase page, and at the checkout, close the window. They will assume the price scared you off, and will soon email you to offer you a 60% discount. Thats what happened for me lol. Besides avg tune up, i also uninstalled ROG game first (causes bad stuttering and ping lag) and disabled sonic suite ( this program also causes the popping sounds from the speakers).

I hope this works for you. These laptops arent cheap.

ROG Enthusiast Array ultimazlitezjc PC Specs
    ultimazlitezjc PC Specs
    OS Windows 10 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Armesis View Post
    Windows 10 does alot of things in the background without you knowing, like updates, bloatware and 3rd party programs. This will cause alot of system usage and hence the fan noise. I used to have this problem, to solve it i purchased AVG Tune Up. It detects anything that is running in the background and lets you disable it. It will only disable the program in the background. It will run normally when it is opened.

You will not believe what i found permanently running in the background on my G752VY, some were - Real player downloader, realplayer update service, java update service, google chrome, chromium, fallout - new vegas, 7 days to die (why are games running when im not using them???), origin, mozilla maintenence service, asus giftbox, microsoft dropbox, asus usb charger plus, wps office, thunderbolt, asus live update (it updates and installs asus bloatware, i manually update all my drivers), skype, microsoft one drive, microsoft live, product updater, nvidia geforce experience.

So for me, that was about 15 junk programs running constantly when i turned on the laptop. You can view the list on Tune Up Utilities and decide for yourself what you want to disable. As of now, my laptop no longer blasts its fan randomly like last time, although an automatic windows update might cause it. I suggest purchasing avg tune up when its on Christmas sale, give them your email on the purchase page, and at the checkout, close the window. They will assume the price scared you off, and will soon email you to offer you a 60% discount. Thats what happened for me lol. Besides avg tune up, i also uninstalled ROG game first (causes bad stuttering and ping lag) and disabled sonic suite ( this program also causes the popping sounds from the speakers).

I hope this works for you. These laptops arent cheap.
    thanks for this
    i already removed all bloatwares upon buying the laptop
    i will monitor background processes later on,

by the way i even tried something that i read about external keyboard but i dont think it has an effect, here is what i read - https://www.tapatalk.com/topic/19395...an-speed-issue

Nah, i dont think an external keyboard can do anything to the system like that. Try turning windows automatic updates off anyway, just to be fully sure.

ROG Member Array

I have the fan issue in 8.1 and even after a clean install of Windows 10.

I tried changing the High/Balanced Performance options but it did not work.
    For me its the fan on the back right, which I believe is for my Nvidia card.

Device Manager does not find the card... I tried everything...

Quote Originally Posted by msang2323 View Post
    I have the fan issue in 8.1 and even after a clean install of Windows 10.

I tried changing the High/Balanced Performance options but it did not work.
    For me its the fan on the back right, which I believe is for my Nvidia card.

Device Manager does not find the card... I tried everything...
    If device manager cant even find the card then its serious. Just send it to the asus repair center, hopefully your warranty is still valid. Just be sure to remove all sensitive data and stored passwords on your web browsers and programs before sending it in.

Check your CPU Usage; Open Task Manager_ Click on the CPU column so it puts the highest usage one on top;

If it shows System at like a constant 15% or higher; can be sometimes at 25%-50%_ If thats the case; your fan speed is due to high CPU usage (more heat; more fan power)

Anyways download Process Explorer (It'll break down exactly which driver or what is causing the high CPU usage) But first check if thats your problem and report back

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast