cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the GL503VM have integrated graphics ?

patrick209
Level 7
Hello,
I bought a GL503VM a month ago and still have not found an answer to this question :
Does this particular model have Optimus technology for switchable graphics ?
Mine has a 60 HZ display and I don't know if it supports G-SYNC ? but if it does not then that means it should support Optimus , right ?
Battery life without the integrated graphics is so bad, I can barely get 1 and half an hour ...
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
If it doesn't list G-SYNC or Optimus on the product page and manual then it does not have them. Even if the CPU has integrated graphics that does not mean you can use it. The machine has to be designed in hardware to use it. Most gaming machines with dedicated graphics have the integrated graphics disabled in hardware.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
patrick209 wrote:
Hello,
I bought a GL503VM a month ago and still have not found an answer to this question :
Does this particular model have Optimus technology for switchable graphics ?
Mine has a 60 HZ display and I don't know if it supports G-SYNC ? but if it does not then that means it should support Optimus , right ?
Battery life without the integrated graphics is so bad, I can barely get 1 and half an hour ...

Hi,

Check to see if your device manager shows 2 display adapters for Nvidia and Intel, or just one for Nvidia. Make sure there are no unknown devices as well which could be another vga card without the driver installed although Win10 may install a standard display adapter for most of them these days.

========

It's not the most reliable way to check, but if you check the download page for your model (link for the global page is below, so you may want to check or switch back to your local region), you can see if we only post the Nvidia vga driver or both Intel and Nvidia vga drivers and don't forget to click on the ' see all downloads'.

Looks like there is the GL503VM as well as GL503VMF models listed though, so you will want to check under the unit, or run the bios flash utility to confirm which bios model you have to know which downloads are for your unit. Hope this helps!

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Strix-GL503/HelpDesk_Download/