cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off the onboard LEDs

Extempt
Level 7
Is there a way to turn off the onboard lights On the Rampage 4 Extreme? I don't need them on after my overclock, i like my system nice and dark at night, the glaring Start button is driving me crazy.
8 REPLIES 8

Sir_Slappy
Level 9
There should be an option within the BIOS to turn off the onboard LED's. For my mobo (Crosshair V) it is under the "Advanced" tab. There is an option called "LED Control". Hopefully you find it 🙂
Motherboard- Maximus VII GENE
CPU- Intel i5-4690K 4.5GHz 1.25Vcore
CPU Cooler- EK Supremacy (Acetal+ Nickel)
RAM- 16gb G.Skill 2133MHz 9-11-11-31 1.6V
GPU- EVGA GTX 780
SSD- OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
SSD- Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
PSU- EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2
Case- CaseLabs SM5
OS- Windows 8.1 64bit

i found that on my crosshair 4 too but i'm being stupid with my rampage 4 or something.

UltraNEO_
Level 11
There's no LED control on the Rampage IV Extreme, you'll just have to live with the various status LED being on... often they're useful, very informative especially when debugging.
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

DaemonCantor
Level 13
It would seen that the AMD boards have an LED control in the BIOS but the Intel boards do not....How very strange of Asus or could it be Asus is leaning towards the Intel boards as the Main Sellers and wants to show them off more??? Questions Questions? Is this an indicator that there will be only Intel boards that are ROG in the future? When will the next AMD board come out or will it even? Oh Boy you slapped a Hornets Nest of questions!

DaemonCantor wrote:
It would seen that the AMD boards have an LED control in the BIOS but the Intel boards do not....How very strange of Asus or could it be Asus is leaning towards the Intel boards as the Main Sellers and wants to show them off more??? Questions Questions? Is this an indicator that there will be only Intel boards that are ROG in the future? When will the next AMD board come out or will it even? Oh Boy you slapped a Hornets Nest of questions!

I honestly don't understand they some users want their LED's off!! It's not like they're consuming copious amounts of power, depleting resources etc... Mine however is bright enough to illuminate my entire room and cause photography issues... that's probably due to the fact I added back lighting to the board as the stock was too dim!

ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

UltraNEO* wrote:
I honestly don't understand they some users want their LED's off!! It's not like they're consuming copious amounts of power, depleting resources etc... Mine however is bright enough to illuminate my entire room and cause photography issues... that's probably due to the fact I added back lighting to the board as the stock was too dim!

Color scheme mistake

Shaydow
Level 7
I read this as 5 instead of 4, and almost told you the page in the user guide for 5 ( Chapter 3 - page 42 ) where it was listed and made myself look like a dumb ass.

Wait, did I do it anyway, or........

Xenocrates
Level 7
I've got a Formula VI, and I've got LED controls in the BIOS. It may just be the older boards don't have the configuration options, or that some of them had it overlooked.