cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Maximus XI Gene: Missing M.2 Screw

webwilli
Level 7
I received my XI Gene yesterday.

The Package contents should be 2 x M.2 Screw package.
Total 4 x M.2 Screws I think.

My M.2 Screw packages looks like this:

The left was not sealed correctly and I must search the screws in the package. But I found only one.
I think, there must be 2 x M.2 Screws in the left package.

Other Customers with XI Gene told me the same. Not correctly sealed packages and only one (in total 3) M.2 Screws.

Is this correct with only 3 M.2 Screws??
8 REPLIES 8

Menthol
Level 14
I don't know but Amazon and Newegg both have M.2 screw kits with standoffs compatible with ASUS boards for reasonable price

patxisystems
Level 7
webwilli wrote:

The left was not sealed correctly and I must search the screws in the package. But I found only one.

Other Customers with XI Gene told me the same. Not correctly sealed packages and only one (in total 3) M.2 Screws.

Where did you buy it? here in Canada is not yet available .

webwilli
Level 7
Alternate Germany

XYchromosone
Level 10
webwilli wrote:

The codes printed on both bags are different, the bag with 4 screws/standoffs ends with 400 and the one with 2 ends with 300. It appears there was a mistake with the packaging of the bags when they packaged the mobo, for I would think that each M.2 port would need 2 screws and 2 standoffs [the 400 bag]?

1mluer
Level 11
Dang it.. my new Maximus XI Gene doesn't have M.2 or dimm.2 standoffs and screws.. What a pain in the booty 🙂
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer
Level 11
And I find out the front panel connector not in the box either.. This is a new motherboard..
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer wrote:
And I find out the front panel connector not in the box either.. This is a new motherboard..

It's a pitty that ASUS doesn't seal the box in plastic so that no one can take out any parts.

Ch3vr0n
Level 10
If you're missing parts, its probably not new. Maybe they sold you a returned one "as new", without actually being new