cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased Used GL551-JW and need help fixing ! - solved?

MuMix
Level 7
I recently purchased a used Gl551 series laptop off Facebook for $165 because he said it was damaged but useable. The Wi-Fi is not working, the touchpad, screen and USB/io audio ports are also not functioning. So I connect my 144hz monitor via HDMI to use this unit but I need your help. I replaced the screen. Wifi and audio USB ports and they were exact match oem fit and none of them worked ! Also if I do not hold the f2 and power button together during start up and disconnect all USB devices except the mouse it will not display. Then when I boot up holding f2 and power. I must hit the fn and screen button to get it on my screen. So I'm about to do a fresh factory install and then migrate the clean os to my new ssd and re download the drivers and apps. But why are my replacement parts not working ? Why am I having these issues ? Also can someone please be kind to link every Exact download for required drivers and apps I NEED to have installed. I used the forums and keep getting. Corrupted archives or files. I need this laptop to game. Thank you.

Intel i7 4710HQ.
16gb
256ssd + 1TB hdd
Gtx 960m
Windows 10
6 REPLIES 6

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
If they're all properly connected, you might have a problem with the motherboard. No display after power on is not a driver issue.

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
If they're all properly connected, you might have a problem with the motherboard. No display after power on is not a driver issue.

TimeLion724
Level 8
Must have been dropped, you should probably send it into ASUS.
" The speed of the fallen one does not change..."

GUIDE TO FIXING BSOD ERRORS

It's used so I could still send it into Asus ? So you recommend me purchasing purchasinga new motherboard?

Basically when I boot it up. It will not display any of the external or integrated screen. Then if I keep hitting the fn keys the mouse will light up and then the login screen appears. I usually have to hold the f2 and power button. The laptop will reboot then I disconnected every thing except the mouse. Then hit the power and it'll work and display on my external monitor.

Well I am not sure what I exactly did but the issue has been fixed. computer is completely reformatted, I see everything from bootup to shutdown. PC boots up every single time it is started.