cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime Z370-A: PCI-E runs at x8 instead of x16

frackzz
Level 7
I checked the bios settings and it's in the PCI-E X16_1 slot but running in X8 Native.

Why is this happening and would there be a performance difference?

I'm certain it was x16 before. Not sure if it has anything to do with the latest bios version..
4 REPLIES 4

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hi,

Would need more information as to what is connected to the system, as it might be due to other devices using the lanes. As to performance, no, in a single card system any performance impact will be minimal.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

cl-Adrian@asus wrote:
Can you give us more details on the matter, and your full specification. as this issue can arise for many reasons.

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Hi,

Would need more information as to what is connected to the system, as it might be due to other devices using the lanes. As to performance, no, in a single card system any performance impact will be minimal.

i7 8700K @ 4.9
Gskill DDR4 3600 Mhz
Prime Z-370A
Samsung SSD 850 Evo 500GB

It was running on X16 before, I'm 100% certain about that.
I updated the BIOS two weeks ago to the latest version, and today I noticed it's running at X8.
Idle it's on X8 1.1, and under load X8 3.0.
Not using any other slots or cards.

frackzz wrote:
i7 8700K @ 4.9
Gskill DDR4 3600 Mhz
Prime Z-370A
Samsung SSD 850 Evo 500GB

It was running on X16 before, I'm 100% certain about that.
I updated the BIOS two weeks ago to the latest version, and today I noticed it's running at X8.
Idle it's on X8 1.1, and under load X8 3.0.
Not using any other slots or cards.

Sorry for the delay but can your clear your CMOS and see from there?

cl-Adrian
Level 8
frackzz wrote:
I checked the bios settings and it's in the PCI-E X16_1 slot but running in X8 Native.

Why is this happening and would there be a performance difference?

I'm certain it was x16 before. Not sure if it has anything to do with the latest bios version..

Can you give us more details on the matter, and your full specification. as this issue can arise for many reasons.